Two quick questions

undedz

Two quick questions

Post by undedz » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 am

I just got my 3DS with capture card, and I'm loving it so far I've had no problems but I do have a few questions about the future

1.) Can you provide an ETA as to when the update that allows for audio transmission via the micro usb chord will come out?
2.) Is it even possible for device act as a webcam, and if so, when will you implement this feature?

Thanks for answering, this is a wonderful product and I've recommended it to a lot of my friends who are let's players who were interested in this kinda thing.

MKGirlism

Re: Two quick questions

Post by MKGirlism » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:53 am

The first is past the ETA, as it was ETA end of the year, I thought.
The second one is possible.

I guess both of them have been done via Firmware, so only Loopy himself can do these stuff.

mixt

Post by mixt » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:01 pm

MKGirlism wrote:The first is past the ETA, as it was ETA end of the year, I thought.
The second one is possible.

I guess both of them have been done via Firmware, so only Loopy himself can do these stuff.
Webcam spoofing is software, it is just a different use of the video stream. I haven't done any webcam/streaming stuff but aren't there programs that can find the video feed and forward that to a "webcam"? I know FRAPS does basically that (except that it is to save the video away, which is pointless here), so I would have to assume someone could do the same and frame-serve it instead of storing it.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:47 am

undedz wrote:I just got my 3DS with capture card, and I'm loving it so far I've had no problems but I do have a few questions about the future

1.) Can you provide an ETA as to when the update that allows for audio transmission via the micro usb chord will come out?
2.) Is it even possible for device act as a webcam, and if so, when will you implement this feature?

Thanks for answering, this is a wonderful product and I've recommended it to a lot of my friends who are let's players who were interested in this kinda thing.
1) Soon.
2) Yes, it's possible. I did some work on it, but it's incomplete (not all software recognized it because some functionality was missing). I'll finish it at some point. I don't know when. Other things are taking priority right now.