A few questions

pvtroberts

A few questions

Post by pvtroberts » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:52 pm

1. So I hear sound recording is currently only through the headphone jack, but that will change "soon". Any ETA? Is this change going to be through the hardware itself or just the software? If it's hardware, I think I might wait to purchase the product.

2. Probably a stupid question, but since the 3DS can play regular DS games, would the recording work just the same regardless of the game being DS or 3DS? Or would I need that original DS version to record normal DS games and the 3DS version to record 3DS games?

3. What happens if something goes wrong? I've saved up money for this, and it took a long, long time to get enough funds to cover this. I certainly couldn't afford to purchase a new 3DS after purchasing this mod. I'm sure everything will go well, but on the off-chance that something does go wrong (crack in the case, accidently dropped, etc.), would I be refunded? Would my 3DS be replaced? I'm just a little nervous, I guess.

Thanks in advance. I'm really excited to get one of these.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: A few questions

Post by loopy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 am

1. I don't have an ETA. It's done when it's done. It's on my "short list" of things to get working. My schedule is more or less determined by the number of orders I have to handle from day to day. The holidays put me behind schedule but things are starting to go back to normal so I should have it "soon". Whatever that means. It will be a software+firmware update, not hardware (firmware is updated over USB, you won't have to send your 3DS back or anything like that).

2. Yes, it can record DS games too.

3. If your 3DS is somehow damaged from the installation I will repair (if possible) or replace it at no charge.

(Within reason... If you have a super rare limited edition 3DS, I might not be able to accomodate you. Replacing EU/JP systems will take longer. Very few systems have come back to me for repairs since I started selling these, the risk is fairly small).