Not sure about this

BallPointPickle

Not sure about this

Post by BallPointPickle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:47 pm

I am not sure about sending in my 3ds. I really want it installed but I have tons of data (downloaded paper mario, streetpass data,ect...) that I don't want to go away. I read on the forum about a 3DS smoking and breaking so I am worried. I can't afford to get the other new 3ds and I wouldn't really want it anyway. I just have a few questions. 1 Is there a chance my 3DS will get lost in the mail 2 What is the chance my 3ds will not work. 3 How long will I have to go with out my 3DS. 4 I purchased tons of stuff off the eshop if something does happen will I have to repurchase it. and 5 Will this void my 3DS warranty If my 3DS breaks because of this am I screwed?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Not sure about this

Post by loopy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:04 pm

1. There's always a chance it could get lost of course, but it's unlikely. I've only had one 3ds go missing so far (it was stolen right out of the package by customs in another country).
2. About 1% failure rate so far, and most of those were from the beginning when I was less experienced installing them. The chances of a failure are pretty slim.
3. Installation turnaround time is usually 1 day. Sometimes 2 or 3 if I'm busy or your package comes in on the weekend. U.S. shipping usually takes 2 days.
4. I don't know how the eShop works, maybe someone else can answer that.
5. Yes, this will void your warranty.

OrbitalMike

Re: Not sure about this

Post by OrbitalMike » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:52 am

I sent my 3DS to loopy and I have a crap ton of stuff from the eshop (Ambassador 3DS), and mii stuff and what not. I just kept my SD card when sending the 3DS to loopy. All loopy does is install the capture card, it wont affect what you have saved onto your system.

Once I had my 3ds back I merely reinserted my SD and I still had everything, though if you don't your system will still be the same. Loopy's more than familiar with what he does and many youtube partners can attest to this, failure is below minimum so you'll be fine and if not, I'm sure loopy will assist in the matter.

As for the eshop stuff, do you have a club nintendo account? I believe you can transfer your stuff to another system if anything but I'm sure it'll be alright.