3DS Audio Troubles

Mexgar5

3DS Audio Troubles

Post by Mexgar5 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:10 am

I'm struggling to record audio from Ultra Moon. For some reason, the audio that gets saved with the video recording is delayed by about half a second. While actively recording on my laptop the audio and video are synced near-perfectly, but when I stop recording and check the saved video, I see this delay. Weirder still, the recorded audio is much softer than the audio I heard coming out of my laptop as the program was running.

I'm really confused as to what could be happening, as I don't have any audio or video editing experience. Is this normal? Do I just need to learn how to use editing software to manually adjust the lag? Surely not, there are hundreds of 3DS streamers out there. If it helps, I am using a Dell laptop running Windows 10.

OrbitalMike

Re: 3DS Audio Troubles

Post by OrbitalMike » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:57 am

Some questions :

What are you using to record the audio/video?

What's your volume level on the pc and on the 3ds capture?

Which cables are you using?

Whenever I do anything 3ds related for recording, I usually use a 3.5mm to rca for audio, a ground loop isolator, or if you're getting audio via the micro usb cable, a pair of headphones to make the audio louder and cleaner (sounds weird, but it almost acted like the ground loop isolator).

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:02 am

OrbitalMike wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:57 am
if you're getting audio via the micro usb cable, a pair of headphones to make the audio louder and cleaner (sounds weird, but it almost acted like the ground loop isolator).
viewtopic.php?p=19050#p19050
Change your audio setting from surround to stereo.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:12 am

loopy wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:02 am
OrbitalMike wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:57 am
if you're getting audio via the micro usb cable, a pair of headphones to make the audio louder and cleaner (sounds weird, but it almost acted like the ground loop isolator).
viewtopic.php?p=19050#p19050
Change your audio setting from surround to stereo.
Neat, I feel kind of silly now lol (although nothing will ever solve the dilemma of recording sonic lost world's special stages which use gyro 100% of the time)

Hope one of these helps with the delay issue.