Capture software issue with OBS window capture

Strawberts

Capture software issue with OBS window capture

Post by Strawberts » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:52 am

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there's a possibility that we could get a slight change to the 3DS capture software. The issue I'm having is that when you run the capture software in single window mode, both the game capture and the little menu window have the same name and this is causing issues for me in OBS when trying to do a window capture. I'm sure there are other people who have had the same issue, and both the DS capture and the 3DS capture software have this little quirk. Performing an OBS window capture when the software is running in split window mode always works perfectly as each window is named as the top screen or bottom screen, so you can tell a source in OBS to only capture a window with that exact name. With single window mode, you can see how having the same name as the menu window can cause a bit of an issue. If the game capture in single window mode had a slightly different name than the menu window then it would solve this issue. Just wondering if this is something you could consider in your busy schedule and I really appreciate all the hard work you do for this community loopy

Windows have same name.jpg
Windows have same name.jpg (95.13 KiB) Viewed 6818 times

gonjona

Re: Capture software issue with OBS window capture

Post by gonjona » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:23 pm

Just change the window match priority setting in obs off of forcing it to match a window title, then you can just select one of the two windows and it will work fine.
3ds capture single window.PNG
3ds capture single window.PNG (99.85 KiB) Viewed 6751 times

Strawberts

Post by Strawberts » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 am

Unfortunately this doesn't really solve my problem. I'm trying to set up a scene that will be automatically set up regardless what mode I have 3DS capture in. With it sometimes being in split window, or being in single window, fullscreen or not fullscreen, or any custom size, but having it all show up properly in my OBS scene. Without the windows being different names, my OBS source will see the menu window as something to capture if I'm not in single window mode, and it will show up where my single window capture should be. I wont have the option to manually select which window to capture every time with my specific circumstances, so not having a scene that can be prepared ahead of time is troublesome. The only solution for me it would seem is having those windows be two different names.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 am

Try this out. If everything looks ok I'll make it an official release.
(nevermind, already noticed a problem. Fix incoming..)

Ok. Trying again:
http://3dscapture.com/3ds_capture.3.4.zip

Strawberts

Post by Strawberts » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:45 am

This absolutely solves the problem for me, and makes a huge difference in my workflow. It means a lot to me that you'd make this change and I appreciate the continued support that you give this community. Thanks so much!

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:09 am

When you get a chance you could do the ds capture as well?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:30 am

Done.

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:19 am

Wow fast. Do you ever open source the software or is it proprietary?

SirWigglz

Post by SirWigglz » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:02 pm

loopy wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:30 am
Done.
Where would I locate the OGDS version? Don't see a link here

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:08 pm

http://3dscapture.com/ds/
It isn't a special build or anything, the changes were added to the main software.