viperGTS

Re: Next OGDS batch ETA?

Post by viperGTS » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:07 am

loopy wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:03 am
viperGTS wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:55 am
I guess it could be a crappy microphone port on my laptop
Could be. A microphone port is made for ... well, microphones. If you want to use that laptop, it might be worth getting a USB Line In adapter.
Lol good point. So maybe a device like this? https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External ... 1845&psc=1

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:11 am

Something like that, yeah.

viperGTS

Post by viperGTS » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:14 am

loopy wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:11 am
Something like that, yeah.
Awesome, thanks for the quick responses! Time to look around…

viperGTS

Post by viperGTS » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:54 pm

Hmm, I’m starting to have some doubts about using that device. I’d have to just use the microphone port on that device as well, wouldn’t that just result in the same issue?

viperGTS

Post by viperGTS » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:00 am

Nevermind, I was able to grab one of these adapters locally and the sound improved quite a bit! Might need to play around in software to perfect it but it’s way better than using my laptop’s mic.

EliasMorals

Post by EliasMorals » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:58 pm

Hey, so im using the DS, and it's not showing both screen when i use splitscreen, just the most recently full screen window???

EliasMorals

Post by EliasMorals » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:56 am

Received my DS last week, works like a CHARM!

Although, i am curious, for screens that look bad, do you personally replace their screens? I remember my top screen having a lot of random white spots and they're gone now.

Also because there's a weird, single pixel coloration that i am unsure if it existed prior to sending in the DS?

ricky

Post by ricky » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:31 pm

Hey, I was wondering if there's any estimate on when there will be some preinstalled OGDS' in stock?

I've reeeaaally wanted one for so long. Ty for what you do!

EliasMorals

Post by EliasMorals » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:45 pm

ricky wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:31 pm
Hey, I was wondering if there's any estimate on when there will be some preinstalled OGDS' in stock?

I think it depends if Loopy either gets someone to donate a mass amount of OGDS consoles, or if he's able to find a lot. Not saying it's impossible, but it might be easier if you try to find a console yourself

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:53 pm

EliasMorals wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:58 pm
Hey, so im using the DS, and it's not showing both screen when i use splitscreen, just the most recently full screen window???
I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you talking about in my software? Like, only one of the split windows is working? Or do you mean when recording with something like OBS?

EliasMorals wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:56 am
Received my DS last week, works like a CHARM!
Although, i am curious, for screens that look bad, do you personally replace their screens? I remember my top screen having a lot of random white spots and they're gone now.
Sometimes. If you order a screen replacement, I put in a new screen. But I'll keep the old ones for spare parts sometimes (often they look perfectly fine, or only have a stuck pixel or two). If I come across a DS with a screen that looks much worse, I'll swap it out with one of those.

ricky wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:31 pm

I've kinda given up on that for now, sorry. Hunting for old systems is a hassle. I look for them on ebay. You can do that the same as me, just find one you like and have it shipped to me.