White screen and flashing while plugged but charges ds capture card

RudeRalph11

White screen and flashing while plugged but charges ds capture card

Post by RudeRalph11 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:28 pm

I just got my ds capture card a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly on my old pc but now that I got my new laptop it starts flashing and white screen eventhough it still charges the device. If someone can help it would be most grateful.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: White screen and flashing while plugged but charges ds capture card

Post by loopy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:23 pm

I see these complaints now and then but it's hard to track down the cause. Could be a software issue. Or a particular USB host controller not playing well. Or some other software interfering. Updating your USB driver might help (Not capture card driver, I mean USB host-side driver for that computer). Try to find one specific to that laptop model, not a generic Windows-provided one. Plugging into a different USB port sometimes helps. I've heard of other weird hacks like keeping OBS open or having a video playing in the background but I don't really understand those. I'd like to track down the problem, people often just say "nevermind, fixed it" and disappear. What model laptop is it?

RudeRalph11

Post by RudeRalph11 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:47 am

The laptop I have is an msi thin gf63

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:35 pm

Good news (I mean ... sort of?) I see the same problem on a MSI GF63 with stock windows install.
Which means I can actually try and troubleshoot the problem, finally. No idea if/when I'll have a solution, but I'll keep you updated.

RudeRalph11

Post by RudeRalph11 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:05 pm

Thanks for trying hope you can get better results soon

DSFanatic239

Post by DSFanatic239 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:53 am

Yeah that problem is very strange, my solution is to run a program like OBS or google chrome in the background and then it usually works, at least for me it does, let me know if it works for you

RudeRalph11

Post by RudeRalph11 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:27 pm

I tried having google chrome running in the background but still I experience the same issue as before.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:09 pm

I played around with it a bit. Seems like as long as the system is busy doing *something*, the stuttering clears up. Leaving OBS open in the background. Playing some online game. Run a network speed test. Open the Camera app.

Odd. I'm still looking into it. I tried tweaking CPU throttling settings but it didn't change anything.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:15 pm

I found that disabling the Intel UHD graphics driver fixes the problem. This also makes the nvidia driver stop working and the system falls back on a generic Microsoft driver. So, not an ideal solution but I thought it was interesting. I'm still trying to find a better fix.

RudeRalph11

Post by RudeRalph11 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:12 am

Opening OBS studios while running ds capture software worked for a while but now it still flickers so what do I do now?