Is the new NDS capture card worth it?

soup244

Is the new NDS capture card worth it?

Post by soup244 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:24 am

I already have the previous version of NDS capture card. I’m just wondering if it’s worth selling the old one, and getting the new card. Other than usb-c, what features does the new one have?
Soup

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Is the new NDS capture card worth it?

Post by loopy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:39 am

It functions exactly the same. If you're happy with the old one, no reason to switch.

soup244

Post by soup244 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:49 am

Alright. thanks :)
Soup

BladeBlur

Post by BladeBlur » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:11 am

I have issues regarding audio capture from the USB cable directly since I believe I might've gotten one of the older boards (but I am not 100% sure), will the new board allow direct audio capture from the USB-C so I don't have to rely on recording my entire desktop audio?

lemon

Post by lemon » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:24 pm

BladeBlur wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:11 am
I have issues regarding audio capture from the USB cable directly since I believe I might've gotten one of the older boards (but I am not 100% sure), will the new board allow direct audio capture from the USB-C so I don't have to rely on recording my entire desktop audio?
The NDS boards don't do audio over USB. You have to use a separate aux cable, which would act as a mic input in your recording program. You should just be able to select that rather than record desktop audio. This would apply for both old and new boards.

BladeBlur

Post by BladeBlur » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:18 pm

lemon wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:24 pm
BladeBlur wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:11 am
The NDS boards don't do audio over USB. You have to use a separate aux cable, which would act as a mic input in your recording program. You should just be able to select that rather than record desktop audio. This would apply for both old and new boards.
So in other words, I use an Aux cable to my computer? I don't have a device that extracts audio from Aux currently. My audio mixer or my capture card don't have that feature sadly so I don't know how to go about it. Maybe we can DM so we don't flood this topic :)