DS not recognized by ds_capture or my PC

Plouf

DS not recognized by ds_capture or my PC

Post by Plouf » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:10 am

Hi there,

A friend of mine just finished installing my DScapture Card with the proper equipement. The issue is however, that my computer doesn't recognize the DS, neither does the ds_capture software. The DS works perfectly fine, and I can also charge it with the USB C plug.

Is it a usual issue? I also tried to install a driver but it also did not do anything. Does somebody know what I have to do? Thank you in advance for the help and I can give you any aditionnal info if needed.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: DS not recognized by ds_capture or my PC

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:34 pm

I don't know. What do you mean by your computer doesn't recognize the DS? Does it show some error? Do you see anything in Device Manager? Do you hear the USB connect sound when you plug it in?

It might be something has been shorted. Disconnect the flat cable from the capture board and see if your computer will recognize it then.

Plouf

Post by Plouf » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:27 am

Hi, Thank you for your answer,

What I mean is I get the windows message "THe last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it"

In device manager,I can see it, but with a "!" next to the little plug symbol with the description "Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed)"

I hear a sound when I Plug the DS in, but then after a few seconds, I get the Windows message I described before. As I said, the charging works fine.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:56 pm

Ok. You should still try this.
loopy wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:34 pm
It might be something has been shorted. Disconnect the flat cable from the capture board and see if your computer will recognize it then.

Plouf

Post by Plouf » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:47 am

Hi,

I finally got the time to do this. I took the flat orange cable off, connected my DS to my PC with the USB Cable and got the same message from my computer, which was: "THe last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it"

I tried to reconnect the flat orange cable to my DS, and got the exact same message.

In the Device manager, the DS is still shown as "Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed)" wether the flat cable is connected or not.

Is there anything else I can try?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:18 pm

It sounds like there's something wrong with the board, maybe it was damaged. I can send another one out.

Plouf

Post by Plouf » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:26 am

Hi, thank you for proposing this. Yes it would be great, how should we do this? Should i just give you my Name and Adress in a private message?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:29 am

It's already sent.

Plouf

Post by Plouf » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:10 pm

Wow, faster than light, you are. Thank you! I will update you on the situation when it arrives. Take care

MmeCromatique

Post by MmeCromatique » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:31 pm

Hello, I'm responding on the behalf of Plouf, I'm troubleshooting his capture board and when connected to a PC it giggles everywhere link in the screenshot.

Hitting F12 shows no error what so ever.

What could we do ?

PS: Sorry for the VERY late response.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2023-01-05 202529-min.png
Capture d’écran 2023-01-05 202529-min.png (77.86 KiB) Viewed 616 times