Update: Audio fixed!

Deerling

Update: Audio fixed!

Post by Deerling » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:17 am

So, the audio isn't playing from the DS capture Card still. I would only be able to hear it if I connect headphones but it doesn't play at all otherwise. Yes, I do have a splitter cable and I'm using the audio cable that came with my soundcore headphones. Is there a particular audio cable I need to use for the DS capture card? I'm genuinely stuck on what to do because my drivers are fine and the video part is fine.
Last edited by Deerling on Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triple_lei

Re: Audio issue for DS capture card

Post by triple_lei » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:05 pm

Does your computer have a line-in port? That's what you need to connect your headphone cable. Well, that and a ground loop isolator to get rid of the USB buzzing noise.

Back in the day we used to use a "Creative USB Sound Blaster" something-or-other for laptops that didn't have line-in ports, but they've ballooned in price. I don't know if anything cheaper/simpler came out since.

I don't think you needed to make a whole new topic though...

Deerling

Post by Deerling » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:28 pm

No, it has a headset port, which was why I got the splitter cable. It doesn't have a line in port, last time I checked. Sorry, I'm a tad desperate to get the audio working ^ ^; especially when all the things I tried didn't work.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:24 pm

What kind of splitter cable did you get? Because there are different kinds ...

Deerling

Post by Deerling » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:39 pm

I got this one
KINGTOP 3.5mm Combo Audio Adapter... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I3A47I4?re ... b_ap_share

Deerling

Post by Deerling » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:06 pm

Ok, this time, I managed to make it work! It seems that I had to plug the line in to the ds instead of the laptop! Thanks for your help, guys!!