Found Glitch while recording

TTS4life

Re: Found Glitch while recording

Post by TTS4life » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:33 pm

I was able to reproduces this with my own copy of Dream team. Plugged straight into the front of my PC, nothing else plugged in the front. Nothing stressful on my PC running either.

LemBrosGame

Post by LemBrosGame » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:36 pm

TTS4life wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:33 pm
I was able to reproduces this with my own copy of Dream team. Plugged straight into the front of my PC, nothing else plugged in the front. Nothing stressful on my PC running either.
Did you put straight the cable to your PC? And, straight is working and no glitched?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:37 pm

Weird. Is it really just that one game, in that specific location?
I guess I'll have to play through it and find out...

LemBrosGame

Post by LemBrosGame » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:42 pm

loopy wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:37 pm
Yes. It's only Wakeport location that has the problem. Other locations have no problem.

TTS4life

Post by TTS4life » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:30 pm

loopy wrote:
I haven't used my N3DSXL a ton for capturing 3DS titles so I can't say it happens in any other game, I just booted mine to test since I had the means to. Here's my completed save file if you want to save yourself the hassle of playing through the game up to that point https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aCse5S ... sp=sharing

On a 3DS with CFW, put the "0x00D5A Mario & Luigi" folder on the SD Card under /3ds/Checkpoint/saves, then you can restore the save by launching Checkpoint, selecting the save and clicking restore. The second save in game drops you right into the room with the issue.

LemBrosGame

Post by LemBrosGame » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:01 pm

TTS4life wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:30 pm

I haven't used my N3DSXL a ton for capturing 3DS titles so I can't say it happens in any other game, I just booted mine to test since I had the means to. Here's my completed save file if you want to save yourself the hassle of playing through the game up to that point https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aCse5S ... sp=sharing

On a 3DS with CFW, put the "0x00D5A Mario & Luigi" folder on the SD Card under /3ds/Checkpoint/saves, then you can restore the save by launching Checkpoint, selecting the save and clicking restore. The second save in game drops you right into the room with the issue.
I do have my own N3DS XL Console Capture Card, don't need to use an emulator for CFW. I like to record with my real N3DS XL Console Capture Card. I have never been using an emulator for 3DS.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:33 pm

TTS4life wrote:
loopy wrote:

I tried it. I wasn't able to make it glitch out, so I don't know what's going on. Why this specific game, in this specific area has problems doesn't make sense to me. I'll replace the capture board if you want to send it back.

LemBrosGame

Post by LemBrosGame » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:03 pm

Ok. Can you send me your capture board, so I replace the new from the old one? If it's ok with you? Or, do you prefer I send you my console with the current board? Let me know.
Last edited by LemBrosGame on Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

TTS4life

Post by TTS4life » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:06 pm

loopy wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:33 pm
TTS4life wrote:
loopy wrote:

I tried it. I wasn't able to make it glitch out, so I don't know what's going on. Why this specific game, in this specific area has problems doesn't make sense to me. I'll replace the capture board if you want to send it back.

I went to try and reproduce it again to try and see if I can help you narrow down how it occurs and I haven't been able to repeat it. I tried draining my battery down to about half to see if it was because there was stress from charging and capturing to no avail. I also tried a handful of different cables and overloading my usb hub with multiple capture cards/usb sticks etc and still was not able to reproduce this exact issue. I don't need a replacement as I don't plan on capturing footage for this game anytime soon, but it's a shame there doesn't appear to be a good way to identify the issue that we know of.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:48 am

LemBrosGame wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:03 pm
Ok. Can you send me your capture board, so I replace the new from the old one? If it's ok with you? Or, do you prefer I send you my console with the current board? Let me know.
Try this first. If it doesn't help, I'll send another one.
http://3dscapture.com/tmp/3ds_capture_20230917.zip