New 3DS XL Quality

cyndaquilofpower

New 3DS XL Quality

Post by cyndaquilofpower » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:31 am

So I have a New 3DS XL that I want to send in but there might be a bit of an issue, specifically with the back face of the console. On one of the holes for the screws, the area around it is cracked. I don't think it's broken per se, like it's still holding on fine, but I don't know if that will make things more difficult for the installation.

And a less important question, this might just be me being dumb. But if I were to take out my SD card when I ship it, when I get it back it should still be able to work on the console, right? If not I have another option.

triple_lei

Re: New 3DS XL Quality

Post by triple_lei » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:19 am

cyndaquilofpower wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:31 am
And a less important question, this might just be me being dumb. But if I were to take out my SD card when I ship it, when I get it back it should still be able to work on the console, right? If not I have another option.
Do you really need to take it out? It's not like it's more important than the New 3DS XL you're already shipping, right? And loopy kinda answered this elsewhere:
loopy wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:28 pm
GoldenSon wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:49 am
I didn’t include my sd card with my CFW 3ds will this be a problem?
As long as the system can start up. Sometimes CFW needs the SD card to boot. If I can't turn it on, I can't test it.

The SD card thing isn't THAT big of a deal, I just prefer to minimize the risk of something getting lost / misplaced. And anything you send me that isn't a 3DS is just extra stuff I don't need that you're making me ship back to you.

cyndaquilofpower

Post by cyndaquilofpower » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:32 pm

triple_lei wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:19 am
cyndaquilofpower wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:31 am
Do you really need to take it out? It's not like it's more important than the New 3DS XL you're already shipping, right? And loopy kinda answered this elsewhere:
loopy wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:28 pm
GoldenSon wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:49 am
I didn’t include my sd card with my CFW 3ds will this be a problem?
As long as the system can start up. Sometimes CFW needs the SD card to boot. If I can't turn it on, I can't test it.

The SD card thing isn't THAT big of a deal, I just prefer to minimize the risk of something getting lost / misplaced. And anything you send me that isn't a 3DS is just extra stuff I don't need that you're making me ship back to you.
The SD card has all of my eshop stuff on it, and I don't exactly want to hack my 3ds to try and get that back if something goes wrong with it.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:54 pm

Then you must have some imagination as the capture card isn't firmware or eShop-related. But if you didn't hack your 3DS (heck, I didn't either), you can still redownload. And you'll have to redownload if you get a new New 3DS XL anyway, so...?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:45 pm

A cracked case isn't a problem. And anything that was on your SD card will still work. No system data is lost or modified when the board is installed.