3DS Connects but No Video Shows Up

neonglaceon

3DS Connects but No Video Shows Up

Post by neonglaceon » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:26 am

Hi, I just finished installing a card on my new 3ds xl, everything went well, but now the capture software doesn't show any video. Everything else seems to be working normally... Windows makes the 'connect' sound when it's plugged in, I installed the driver and the device shows up as 'FTDI FT600 USB 3.0 Bridge Device' (I'm assuming this is normal?). The 3ds capture software shows the device as 'connected' but no audio or video actually shows up, just a black screen.

I've tried different cables, ports, reinstalling the driver... I'm fairly confident I did everything correctly for the install so this seems like it could maybe be a software issue?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: 3DS Connects but No Video Shows Up

Post by loopy » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:48 am

You're using the latest software (5.2) from the front page?
If it shows that it's connected, that doesn't sound like a software issue. You can try opening the debug console (F12) and connect the board, see if it shows anything interesting.

neonglaceon

Post by neonglaceon » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:47 pm

LemBrosGame wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:54 am
Did you install the driver? https://3dscapture.com/FTD3XXDriver_WHQ ... er.exe.zip
Yep.
loopy wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:48 am
You're using the latest software (5.2) from the front page?
If it shows that it's connected, that doesn't sound like a software issue. You can try opening the debug console (F12) and connect the board, see if it shows anything interesting.
Yep, using 3ds capture 5.2. I tried what you said and opened up the debug menu and connected the board. Here's what came up from that:

In case the image doesn't work, the debug screen says:

closing
bsId(0CC0B0A1)
381:write err(19)
508:fail
closing

Does that give any hints as to what's going on? Also, thanks for your help.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:21 am

Hmm. That's _probably_ fixable with a firmware/software update. I sent out another board though, so you don't have to wait for a fix.

neonglaceon

Post by neonglaceon » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:17 pm

Thanks so much for sending that out!! :) I was able to give the new board you sent a shot today - unfortunately, I ran into the same error as before.

What I DID find, though, was that after installing the capture software/driver on a different computer, the new card worked perfectly! So it seems like the issue is probably not the card and more likely something with my computer.

Either way, I got the new card working, and I can do some more tinkering on my end to see if I can get it working on my original computer. I'll be sending back the first card to you today.

Dawson95

Post by Dawson95 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:52 pm

Hey there,

I just got my new 3ds xl back with the capture card installed yesterday and I just started testing today. I downloaded all the required software and files, and it shows that it works, but there is no video being shown or sound coming out. And also, I can’t connect to OBS. I don’t know if there is a file I forgot to download, or I’m suppose to install something onto my 3ds, but if anyone can help me out, I would very much appreciate it. I’m also a Mac user.

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:57 am

Dawson95 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:52 pm
Hey there,

I just got my new 3ds xl back with the capture card installed yesterday and I just started testing today. I downloaded all the required software and files, and it shows that it works, but there is no video being shown or sound coming out. And also, I can’t connect to OBS. I don’t know if there is a file I forgot to download, or I’m suppose to install something onto my 3ds, but if anyone can help me out, I would very much appreciate it. I’m also a Mac user.
You’re using CuteCapture I assume? Loopy’s software doesn’t have Mac support. CuteCapture can’t do audio out of the USB, you need both an aux cable and a microphone/speaker splitter adapter since Macs use a single port for both. I’m a Mac user too, but I have to keep a PC since it just plain works easier and better for this.

Issues with the video I can’t say. Better to ask on the CuteCapture GitHub since Loopy doesn’t make that software. I also am not entirely sure CuteCapture works with the New 3DS cards.

LemBrosGame

Post by LemBrosGame » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:10 am

Mine is different of yours. I sometimes get a black screen by itself for a second, then it shows the screen. I did not check Debug Console F12 while I record games. I did completely plug the USB 3.0 into the capture card. But, it's not often getting the black screen, it's fine when I record it for a long time.

I show you my two videos.
https://youtu.be/h7Xr4I-PAtQ?t=1313 Begin on 21:53.
https://youtu.be/KJ1bm3hB4aQ

It's because of firmware, right?