Few questions before sending 3DS in for loopy

Tosh

Few questions before sending 3DS in for loopy

Post by Tosh » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:27 am

So I have a New 3DS XL I've been hesitant to send in because I hard modded it a long time ago. Would it still be possible to send this system in for the capture card and still keep the hard mod on it? It has some spots soldered on and its own micro usb port, but the port is to the right of the power port, while I see the capture port goes to the left of it when face down. They don't seem to share any solder points from the self install pics.

I also think I accidentally ripped one of the cables for the lower screen or something, but it still works (just dimmed) and was never able to find a replacement cable for it. Wondering if you may know where I could get that or if you might have one :)

Please let me know if its possible and I'll place the order asap, or if I should look for a new system to send in :D Thank you!

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Few questions before sending 3DS in for loopy

Post by loopy » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:16 pm

The hard mod is probably ok but I'd need to see it. If you have pictures, I can give you a better answer.

About the lower screen, if it can't be repaired, the whole screen will probably need to be replaced.

Tosh

Post by Tosh » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:51 am

loopy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:16 pm
The hard mod is probably ok but I'd need to see it. If you have pictures, I can give you a better answer.

About the lower screen, if it can't be repaired, the whole screen will probably need to be replaced.
Just opened it up and here's how it looks. I'll leave it open so I can remove the boards if you need to see under it. Just trying to avoid it if possible cause of all the orange cables :oops:

I remember what happened to the cable now. It didn't rip but it got partially damaged as seen here, and I believe this causes the bottom screen to be slightly darker (its still works though). So yea its this cable on the side that goes down below I wanted to replace:

Just let me know what you think, and thanks again! :D

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:45 am

Tosh wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:51 am
Just opened it up and here's how it looks. I'll leave it open so I can remove the boards if you need to see under it.
Yeah, it should be ok.
Tosh wrote: I remember what happened to the cable now. It didn't rip but it got partially damaged as seen here, and I believe this causes the bottom screen to be slightly darker (its still works though)
That's the Home button.

Tosh

Post by Tosh » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:01 am

loopy wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:45 am
Tosh wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:51 am
Just opened it up and here's how it looks. I'll leave it open so I can remove the boards if you need to see under it.
Yeah, it should be ok.
Tosh wrote: I remember what happened to the cable now. It didn't rip but it got partially damaged as seen here, and I believe this causes the bottom screen to be slightly darker (its still works though)
That's the Home button.
Sweet, okay thanks! Is that the home button? I have no idea why the screen is a bit dimmed then :cry: but in that case the cable works fine still, since I've had no issues with the button.