How does the new firmware work?

Gimmy

How does the new firmware work?

Post by Gimmy » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:25 am

Hi! In the past 3 years I've been using a Loopy DS capture card (bought from Merki) and it has always worked fantastically. I have a Mac, so as capture software I've been using a version of CuteCapture (https://github.com/spitford/CuteCapture) with a few modifications done by myself. Last week I was at an event, where the tech crew connected my DS to their PC. A pop-up appeared, it was something like "Firmware needs to be updated, proceed?" and they clicked on yes. I believe the update was done by Loopy following this discussion viewtopic.php?t=6325&start=10. Now I came home and the output from the capture software flickers a bit: every few frames it "shakes" as if the software wasn't recognizing the start of the new frame correctly. It looks like the same issue as here: https://github.com/Gotos/CuteCapture/issues/17

I want to ask:
- how did the output from the DS change with the new firmware update? (For example, DS used to send data until end of frame, and then 0-length packets: has this changed?) Knowing this could help me re-write the software to fix the problem.
- is there a way to revert the firmware to the previous version?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: How does the new firmware work?

Post by loopy » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:15 am

You can revert the firmware. Run the old 3.1 version, then hold Ctrl+Alt and connect the DS.
https://3dscapture.com/ds/ds_capture.3.1.zip

Gimmy

Post by Gimmy » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:50 am

Thank you very much!

LemBrosGame

Post by LemBrosGame » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:30 am

I did try to update the firmware by CTRL + ALT and connect my 3DS. But, it's still glitched after I updated the firmware, no different.
3ds_capture_card_update_firmware.JPG
3ds_capture_card_update_firmware.JPG (174.23 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
Can you see the console debug? I did update the firmware.

I was wondering if I could buy a USB cord Braided like you use, Loopy.
USB_Cord.JPG
USB_Cord.JPG (27.68 KiB) Viewed 2251 times

I use two USB cords without braided and one 3.0 USB cord without braided. Do you think my three USB cords have issues with my 3DS Capture Card during M&L: Dream Team or not? Should I use a USB cord brided? Let me know. Thank you.
IMG_7171_low.jpg
IMG_7171_low.jpg (251.21 KiB) Viewed 2251 times

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:36 pm

Completely different issue. Gimmy is asking about downgrading the firmware on a DS capture board.

LemBrosGame

Post by LemBrosGame » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:08 pm

Oh. I understand. That's different of my 3DS and his DS. That means my USB cables are no different from USB braided.