N3DSXL Capture Card Outputs Black Screen, No Audio

ToxicBananaFish

N3DSXL Capture Card Outputs Black Screen, No Audio

Post by ToxicBananaFish » Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:27 am

I bought the self-install capture kit. 3DS was already previously damaged and ribbon cable for top screen was already mangled up, so it ended up ripping, causing the 3DS to turn off immediately when pressing the power button to turn it on.. I decided to finish installing the capture card so that the 3DS would still think that the top screen is plugged in (which worked, the 3DS does not immediately just turn off). Anyways, I don't even know if that's relevant to my issue at all. Whenever I connect the 3DS to my PC, the capture software will say "Connected," but there won't be any output. In the dev console thingy, it outputs:

closing
bsId(0CC0B0A1)
fwId(0CC0B1A1)
N3DSXL, SN=nxl008101, FW=12, USB2
reset1
bsId(0CC0B1A1)
3DS open

when the 3DS is plugged in, but nothing actually happens. The 3DS itself still shows video through bottom screen, and audio is fine as well, but no output from the capture card. I know I've installed the correct drivers, and I've tried restarting my PC, I've tried reinstalling the capture software and the driver, and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

loopy
Site Admin

Re: N3DSXL Capture Card Outputs Black Screen, No Audio

Post by loopy » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:13 pm

It sounds like something wasn't connected right. Check that the cables are pushed all the way in.
It could also be the torn cable, it's hard to say.

ToxicBananaFish

Re: N3DSXL Capture Card Outputs Black Screen, No Audio

Post by ToxicBananaFish » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:20 am

It's been a good while since I was tinkering with this, but thought about it today and took another look. I am certain that the connections to the Capture Card are good, so I'll have to wait until I can fix the 3DS to see if the disconnection of the Top Screen truly is the issue. It'll be a while from now, but I'll update accordingly when the time comes.