Capture Software: Small Request

Chroma

Capture Software: Small Request

Post by Chroma » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:46 am

Hey Loopy,

First off, big thanks for the installation of the capture card for my New 3DS XL. The USB-C cable charging the console and providing the video/audio all in one cable has been awesome.

I had a really small request for any upcoming update to the capture software. That secondary window with the options like the volume slider and the driver settings? Is it possible to have that hidden through a menu toggle? Sometimes when you run a bit of a complex OBS setup for streaming, screen space is at a premium and that window being forced to stay up at all times is another piece to try and find a space for. Just a "preferences" option in a menu bar would be pretty big.

Thanks as always for your work.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Capture Software: Small Request

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:09 pm

Can you not just leave the window minimized?

Chroma

Re: Capture Software: Small Request

Post by Chroma » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:04 am

I'm not sure what it is, for OBS (at least for me), both windows need to stay maximized (not active, but at least not minimized), or the window capture into OBS occasionally drops the feed. I can get it back up by restoring the little menu window, but it's kind of not the best thing for it to randomly kill parts of a stream or recording to fix it each time.

I do see OBS treating both windows separately in window capture, but it does seem to be really picky about this. I can also bring it up to an OBS dev to see if if it's specific to OBS, but considering how it stays fine if I keep the options window maximized, I thought it would be that.

P.S. If you do know what this could be too, maybe you could offer some insight, I'm really just asking based on how it affects my stream with and without that window minimized. Much thanks.