N3DSXL-Received a Firmware update window now can't connect to PC

sharpshotjiggles

N3DSXL-Received a Firmware update window now can't connect to PC

Post by sharpshotjiggles » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:35 pm

When I connected my N3DSXL to a USB-C port and opened "3ds_capture.exe" I got a pop-up window telling me to update my firmware. I hit yes. I got back an error window. Now my N3DSXL is not connecting at all. When I click the "3ds_capture.exe" the window will take a bit just to load the "not connected" message on the small window and then it stops charging my N3DSXL and not output any video/audio signal to my PC.

Plugging in the USB-C charges my N3DSXL but as soon as I hit the .exe file it stops charging my N3DSXL immediately and still doesn't output anything to my PC.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: N3DSXL-Received a Firmware update window now can't connect to PC

Post by loopy » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:16 am

I've been working on an update that's supposed to fix connection issues. See if it makes any difference - https://3dscapture.com/changelog.html

If not, I'm curious what the debug output shows. Push F12 and reconnect the 3DS.

It might've been an update that went badly for some reason. If all else fails, I can send out another board.

sharpshotjiggles

Post by sharpshotjiggles » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:46 pm

Hello Loopy,

I've tried updating the firmware with the latest beta(October 12, 2023) firmware/software and I was met with an error.

I got

Error(-1): Failed!

After hitting Start to update the firmware and I reconnected the N3DSXL as well.

sharpshotjiggles

Post by sharpshotjiggles » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:19 pm

This is what I am getting
Attachments
Capture (Small).PNG
Capture (Small).PNG (104.99 KiB) Viewed 7585 times

sharpshotjiggles

Post by sharpshotjiggles » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:45 am

loopy wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:16 am
I've been working on an update that's supposed to fix connection issues. See if it makes any difference - https://3dscapture.com/changelog.html

If not, I'm curious what the debug output shows. Push F12 and reconnect the 3DS.

It might've been an update that went badly for some reason. If all else fails, I can send out another board.
Sorry I forgot to post the debug tool log image. I get this message when I reconnect the N3DSXL to my PC
Attachments
debugtoollog.PNG
debugtoollog.PNG (185.45 KiB) Viewed 7556 times

sharpshotjiggles

Post by sharpshotjiggles » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:51 am

loopy wrote:

Lastly, this is the message I get when using the 3ds_capture v5.2
Attachments
debugtoollog_5.2.PNG
debugtoollog_5.2.PNG (152.86 KiB) Viewed 7554 times

sharpshotjiggles

Post by sharpshotjiggles » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:01 am

loopy wrote:

I just tried the latest Software/firmware update for October 13,2023

Unfortunately, I am still receiving the same errors. Please see attached image.
Attachments
debugtoollog_20231013.PNG
debugtoollog_20231013.PNG (102.93 KiB) Viewed 7551 times

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:27 am

Yeah, something's screwy. Like I said in the other thread - you can keep trying but close the program and reconnect when it fails. Maybe it'll eventually take.

Since you installed it yourself, I can just send out another board if you can't get it working.

sharpshotjiggles

Post by sharpshotjiggles » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:58 am

loopy wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:27 am
Yeah, something's screwy. Like I said in the other thread - you can keep trying but close the program and reconnect when it fails. Maybe it'll eventually take.

Since you installed it yourself, I can just send out another board if you can't get it working.
Yes, I would like another board to try I can also send back the one I currently have. I tried to start the firmware update at "Start" sequence instead of "Retry" as recommended in the other thread. I made a few attempts with different approaches and had no luck with it going through.

Sorry, the capture card did work with v5.2 before I accepted to update the firmware yesterday morning and it screwed it up. I should've just left it alone. :(

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:12 am

Not really your fault. If it was telling you to update on v5.2, there was a problem with it anyway, it shouldn't have done that.