Couple of capture software suggestions

limegreen0

Couple of capture software suggestions

Post by limegreen0 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:53 am

first of all, thank you loopy for the capture board install kit, it works so well and i love it so far (apart from the board getting pretty hot lol).

since i tested the board, i would love Loopy to do more features on the capture software:

Sideway screen layout
perhaps as "Rotate"/"Sideways" option so the options wont be too much inside single "Layout" option

Layout saving even when change layout style and saving layout as file
it would be better to have somekind of layout saving on each layout options (like 2D/3D, DS, etc) and ability to save layout as a file (and load it).
since the software saved the last layout (size and placement) when i open it again, i thought it would be better if the feature expands into something more customizable.
edit: seems like i was mistaken,what i really mean is window's scaling got reset whnever i change the layout style. the placement still intact, but it resets to original (cropped) size.
i wish the scaling atleast saved individually on layout style.

Incremental window size
i know that you can drag to resize and snaps on integer size, but i thought it would be convenient to also made it as an option.
perhaps not 1X 2X 3X but something like "Integer scale +", "Integer scale -", and "1X" to reset the size to initial one.

lastly, this is big one. i realized that the control panel(?) has no statistical information regarding the capture itself (like FPS, usb mode??? like 2.0 or 3.0, window size in pixel and perhaps add integer size when it's integer, and other useful stuffs).
i like numbers, but i don't know if that makes the software heavier on pc and/or board. would love to see the software more uhh "lively"??? so this and others would help customizing the capture.

again, thank you so much for the hardware and software for this amazing video capture and i hope you would consider add more features if your main approach is not really about being lightweight and/or those features i want to have won't break compatibilities.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Couple of capture software suggestions

Post by loopy » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:40 am

This isn't exactly what you were asking for, but I've fixed it so it keeps separate layouts for DS and 3DS now. All the other recent "beta" changes have been rolled into v5.3.

And it's not documented (though you can find it on the changelog page), but you can save window layouts. See the thread here -
viewtopic.php?t=6804

limegreen0

Re: Couple of capture software suggestions

Post by limegreen0 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:33 pm

i just hoping atleast i can keep both of these layout setup (size and location) even when i change display types (i always use between 2D and DS (1:1))
loopy wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:40 am
This isn't exactly what you were asking for, but I've fixed it so it keeps separate layouts for DS and 3DS now.
if your intend is to make these display types keep their own layout, then it doesn't work unfortunately. it still resets to 1X and the location is the same as i modified last time.
i apologize if it isn't clear, but i only have N3DSXL for capture board installation, so i meant all of display types itself on 3DS capture board mode.
otherwise yea i guess using that hotkey can help me.