Help with not booting after self install.

testsnake

Help with not booting after self install.

Post by testsnake » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:31 am

Was installing the N3DSXL card and reached the point in the instructions where it says Now is a good time to check that everything still works after soldering the L flex cable.

Tried powering it on, blue light turns on for a second, and the backlight for the bottom screen flashes super quickly, then nothing. No speaker pop or anything like that. Video

Wondering if anyone knows what the issue might be. I can also try and take more photos if that helps.
images
Also not super related to the capture card itself, but the little clip for the circle pad connector fell off, I still have the clip, but how would one go about putting it back on?
images

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Help with not booting after self install.

Post by loopy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:02 am

testsnake wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:31 am
Tried powering it on, blue light turns on for a second, and the backlight for the bottom screen flashes super quickly, then nothing. No speaker pop or anything like that.
If only the bottom screen flashes, the top screen probably isn't connected right. I'd redo it and make sure the cables are pushed in all the way.
testsnake wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:31 am
Also not super related to the capture card itself, but the little clip for the circle pad connector fell off, I still have the clip, but how would one go about putting it back on?
_Maybe_ you can tape it back together. Or if you can't get it working, I can replace the connector.