DS capture card not recognized (Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed))

Nautoum

DS capture card not recognized (Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed))

Post by Nautoum » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:41 pm

Hello, I sent an email regarding the issue a couple of weeks ago but maybe here is a more suited place. I installed two boards for one of my friends (and I'm also posting here for him as he doesn't speak English), and encountered an issue with one of them. The first board works perfectly, but the second isn't recognized by computers. In device manager, the DS capture card is marked as "Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed)" and the properties display "Windows has stopped this device because of problems. (Code 43) USB device descriptor request failed.".
I looked up the issue on the forum and found two topics about a similar issue. In one of them, you advised to disconnect the ribbon cable from the board to test wether or not something is shorted (viewtopic.php?t=6707). I did so and the issue persists. From your answer on the post, it seems like something might be wrong with the board? I've also checked every solder point twice without it changing anything. Please let me know if there's anything else I can try or if there's something you can do to help us?

Nautoum

Re: DS capture card not recognized (Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed))

Post by Nautoum » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:48 am

Up? I still haven't found anything that could explain the issue. Everything seems fine to me but the capture card isn't recognized, I've been looking into it for 3 weeks now.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: DS capture card not recognized (Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor request failed))

Post by loopy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:55 pm

It sounds like the board is damaged, I can send another one.

Nautoum

Post by Nautoum » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:58 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer! I'll send you my friend's info in forum PM.