Type-A to Type-C, Type-C to Type-C, or no cable?

3DSCaptureNovice

Type-A to Type-C, Type-C to Type-C, or no cable?

Post by 3DSCaptureNovice » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:27 am

Good evening. New to this site, but I've been looking for a way to get a capture card since the old ones are out of business and I'm not shelling out four figures on eBay for a predone system for one mod. That said, I'm mixed on what setup to go for. Type A, Type C, or no cable? Which one is optimal for working with capturing gameplay footage, especially if one wants to stream? Does a wired setup have less hassle than a wireless one?

Elysium

Re: Type-A to Type-C, Type-C to Type-C, or no cable?

Post by Elysium » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:40 am

Both are the same speed (USB 2), so just pick the one that suits your setup. Or go with no cable and buy a USB 3 Type-C (other end can be whichever) for the best compatability, especially if you have a lot of USB 2 devices or a finicky device like an old audio interface.

benstephens56

Post by benstephens56 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:25 pm

I think you are misunderstanding what the options listed on the order page mean. "No Cable" does not mean that the capture system is wireless, it just means that a cable will not be shipped with your order.

Regardless of what option you choose, you will need a USB cable with USB-C on at least one end to plug into the 3DS. The other end should be compatible with your PC. However, the options listed do not change the functionality of the device, only what type of cable is shipped to you. But if you already have a USB-C cable that you would like to you, you can choose "No Cable" and save a few bucks.

3DSCaptureNovice

Post by 3DSCaptureNovice » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:53 pm

benstephens56 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:25 pm
I think you are misunderstanding what the options listed on the order page mean. "No Cable" does not mean that the capture system is wireless, it just means that a cable will not be shipped with your order.

Regardless of what option you choose, you will need a USB cable with USB-C on at least one end to plug into the 3DS. The other end should be compatible with your PC. However, the options listed do not change the functionality of the device, only what type of cable is shipped to you. But if you already have a USB-C cable that you would like to you, you can choose "No Cable" and save a few bucks.
Okay. Does anyone know how long the cord included is in feet? Any suggestions on how long a cord should be when streaming to PC?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm

It's a 2m cable (about 6 ft).

3DSCaptureNovice

Post by 3DSCaptureNovice » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:40 pm

loopy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm
It's a 2m cable (about 6 ft).
Thanks! Would you happen to have a recommended length of the cord one should go for if they choose without a cable, or is 6ft usually long enough?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:11 pm

It shouldn't matter. Use whatever length you think you'll need.