3DS capture software error "MSVCR100.dll was not found"

harpentong

Re: 3DS capture software error "MSVCR100.dll was not found"

Post by harpentong » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:47 pm

I guess I should point out that I'm running windows 11 in virtual machine (VM) on an m1 Mac (ARM architecture, not x86), via Parallels https://www.parallels.com I thought it would be simpler to run it that way than to attempt to do it on MacOs, mostly everything runs fine but im not sure if this has anything to do with it or if its a windows 11 thing but the driver does not work for some reason
Last edited by harpentong on Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:53 pm

That might have something to do with it. I haven't tested it that way so I can't say for sure.

harpentong

Post by harpentong » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:36 pm

I thought I had seen a link somewhere for how to get it to work on Mac via unofficial means created by the community, can I have that link? I can't seem to find it... To be clear, I have the n3DS XL capture card, which you installed for me. I will just attempt to run it natively on Mac since I haven't had luck with the windows drivers so far which is a shame cause it seems everything else works, its just the drivers.

I don't think "cute" 3ds software or whatever its called works for the n3DS XL? I think just your OG3DS captue card.

harpentong

Post by harpentong » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:10 pm

Nevermind, I was able to find it, it's here https://3dscapture.com/faq.html

There's a few options but I think for n3DS XL it might just be xx3dsfml, so i will attempt that

Here's hoping this works well viewtopic.php?t=7082 I might update this thread with my outcome to say whether it worked for me or not.

harpentong

Post by harpentong » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 pm

Also just wanted to correct something, im running windows 11 on a virtual machine, not emulation. VM is the correct term. Parallels is a VM.

harpentong

Post by harpentong » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:51 pm

harpentong wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:10 pm
Nevermind, I was able to find it, it's here https://3dscapture.com/faq.html

There's a few options but I think for n3DS XL it might just be xx3dsfml, so i will attempt that

Here's hoping this works well viewtopic.php?t=7082 I might update this thread with my outcome to say whether it worked for me or not.
Update: I couldn't get it to work, there are no clear easy to follow instructions, especially for the average user, im outta luck unless loopy jumps on a crowdfunding platform to raise funds for a native mac app, maybe something that works natively on both mac and linux like kickstarter or indiegogo or something. are there enough people to donate to fund a native mac client? idk but it would need to be advertised by a well known content creator, maybe nacho macho nacho, im sure if he knew how to do it he would have made one for us by now, but its probably the learning curve that he doesn't want to deal with, but even if he pays someone for a mac port or a completely new app specifically made for mac, maintaining it might be a problem if he doesnt know how to program for unix based OS

harpentong

Post by harpentong » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:59 pm

I have an update on this.

So I remembered i have an intel based x86 Macbook Pro that also has windows installed via Parallels (Except this one has windows 10 rather than 11), i thought i would give it a shot, i installed all drivers and software and it actually worked! Even though it was on virtual machine but the audio was choppy which was annoying, the video was too... Not entirely sure way, maybe virtual machine degrades performance? But I don't think it's to the point where a simple application such as this one cannot be handled...

I will try again, but I think the reason why it didn't work on my Apple Silicon ARM based mac, comes down to the 3DS driver not working on ARM architecture, I think thats it really, all in all to avoid the headache, I think I will just get a cheap windows computer to stream from, preferably a laptop that is fanless with good enough performance to stream 3DS games, i'm just too spoilt by how silent my ARM mac is, I don't wanna go back to heat and fan noise

harpentong

Post by harpentong » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:51 pm

Alright, I have another update.

So I upgraded to the latest version of parallels + I upgraded from windows 10 home to Windows 11 Pro (Not saying this is necessary or is what made the difference but I have been wanting to upgrade for a while cause microsoft is ending support for windows 10 soon... And this old mac intel x86 machine is for when stuff on ARM just does not work.

So parallels has a profile for productivity and a profile optimized for gaming which essentially gives you more performance. I went for the gaming profile to test this. And it actually worked flawlessly! everything was smooth, I didn't try recording but everything seemed to work just fine, only thing I noticed was popping noises every few seconds, is this normal?