Just bought me a 3DS capture board!

DrunkGoomba1645

Just bought me a 3DS capture board!

Post by DrunkGoomba1645 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes: (If anyone needs to correct me, feel free to do so)

I've just bought my 3DS capture Board from Loopy today, and I am excited to get it! I can't wait to use it and make a test video of it, share the results onto YouTube and make let's plays of some of my DS and 3DS games in the future! :D :D :D
The guy who questions video game logic

Christine

Re: Just bought me a 3DS capture board!

Post by Christine » Tue May 20, 2014 4:52 pm

What software do you use to make the videos for YouTube? I bought the 3DS capture card for my son but don't know what software he needs to make the videos. Thanks for any help!

playe

Post by playe » Tue May 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Christine wrote:What software do you use to make the videos for YouTube? I bought the 3DS capture card for my son but don't know what software he needs to make the videos. Thanks for any help!
Loopy has software available on the main capture site, it's the first link after all the details and limitations.

DrunkGoomba1645

Post by DrunkGoomba1645 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Christine wrote:What software do you use to make the videos for YouTube? I bought the 3DS capture card for my son but don't know what software he needs to make the videos. Thanks for any help!
I currently use Mirillis Action to screen capture the display on Loopy's software.
The guy who questions video game logic

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue May 20, 2014 5:30 pm

I suppose it depends on what you're trying to do.

The software on the front page has some basic recording capability built in. If you want to do anything more complex (add a background image, split screens or other fancy layouts, audio mixing, etc.) you'll want to use something else in addition to the basic capture software. I'm not sure what's the most popular to use, other people here have more experience with this than me.

Other screen capture software (I haven't used them all, some can do more advanced stuff like edit the screen layout).

OBS
FRAPS
Dxtory
Bandicam
XSplit
Camtasia
VirtualDub
Mirillis

There's also professional video editing software (Sony Vegas, Adobe Premeire) but those will cost you.

Christine

Post by Christine » Wed May 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Thanks for your help!