Software Update!

mixt

Re: Software Update!

Post by mixt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 am

I noticed in the update that it no longer displays dropped frames. Just curious as this is something I get rather OCD about. Is it essentially a non-issue now? Is it just harder (impossible?) to implement from DirectShow compared to VFW?

Also, thanks for the hard work. I know this sort of thing can be stressful enough without having to hear from end users all the time, and as a whole we probably get somewhat annoying, but you've done a really nice job with this project.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:36 am

Guest wrote:
loopy wrote:I need to write up a big-ass tutorial on this sometime because it messes with a lot of people, myself included.
Hmm, this sounds like USB audio capture is faaaaaaar from being implemented. :?
It's still relevant to the DS board, that will never have audio capture.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 pm

You once said, that you can provide Audio Recording via Firmware Updates, right?
As for the rest of you, don't confuse that with Software Updates.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 pm

MKGirlism wrote:You once said, that you can provide Audio Recording via Firmware Updates, right?
As for the rest of you, don't confuse that with Software Updates.
Yes, of course.
Software+firmware, really. They will need to be updated together.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:58 am

mixt wrote:I noticed in the update that it no longer displays dropped frames. Just curious as this is something I get rather OCD about. Is it essentially a non-issue now? Is it just harder (impossible?) to implement from DirectShow compared to VFW?
No, it's not harder or anything, I just never bothered to put it back in when the code changed.

someonewhodied

Post by someonewhodied » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 pm

loopy wrote:
someonewhodied wrote:Since I use skype on my mic input and line in for my 3ds, would it be possible for the next update to enable audio to be recorded from an input chosen within the program? It seems like quite a bit of work for me to have to disable mic everytime I record, and enable it every time I skype.
Give this a try.
3ds_capture20130127.zip
Thanks, that helps me a lot :D

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:40 am

A small update. The new version has the audio input selection that was in the beta version above. You can also choose whether to record both/top/bottom screens.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 am

loopy wrote:A small update. The new version has the audio input selection that was in the beta version above. You can also choose whether to record both/top/bottom screens.
Would randomly swapping screens while recording be out of the question?

Also I would like to ask about 3D recording, I know you get this a lot and are still working on it but...can you add an option to record both the left and right views of the top screen? Like this - http://www.3dscapture.com/dev/05.png

Technicmaster0

Post by Technicmaster0 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:11 pm

OrbitalMike wrote:
loopy wrote:Would randomly swapping screens while recording be out of the question?

Also I would like to ask about 3D recording, I know you get this a lot and are still working on it but...can you add an option to record both the left and right views of the top screen? Like this - http://www.3dscapture.com/dev/05.png
First he will make a update that supports digital sound recording.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 am

Technicmaster0 wrote:
OrbitalMike wrote:
loopy wrote:Would randomly swapping screens while recording be out of the question?

First he will make a update that supports digital sound recording.
But as you can see from that screen shot he already has it working so I'm assuming it would be relatively easy to get it going.