Now with Katsukity gone....

triple_lei

Re: Now with Katsukity gone....

Post by triple_lei » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:09 pm

All we have from Katsukity is some vague Tweet from Feb. 24, 2019:
I will be back.
But Loopy did say here on Feb. 2, 2019:
loopy wrote:
DestinyDecade wrote:I may as just say it here but yeah... Katsukitty is bankrupt and their website is dead.
Huh. Weird. Guess he blew his money on fancy cars or something(??) How do you go bankrupt when you essentially have a monopoly?

Anyway. Yeah, I guess I'd better get busy now :P
So I for one am hoping for Loopy to make his glorious return some time this year, or maybe next year, with controller mod for all our new New 3DS XLs to really show who's boss.

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:05 pm

triple_lei wrote:All we have from Katsukity is some vague Tweet from Feb. 24, 2019:
I will be back.
But Loopy did say here on Feb. 2, 2019:
loopy wrote:
DestinyDecade wrote:I may as just say it here but yeah... Katsukitty is bankrupt and their website is dead.
Huh. Weird. Guess he blew his money on fancy cars or something(??) How do you go bankrupt when you essentially have a monopoly?

Anyway. Yeah, I guess I'd better get busy now :P
So I for one am hoping for Loopy to make his glorious return some time this year, or maybe next year, with controller mod for all our new New 3DS XLs to really show who's boss.
I'm hoping because I really want to invest on a capture board for my New 3DS XL.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Should note that Loopy said last year or so that he got 3DS XL boards in and that he would be working on installs for them, but nothing came out of that. Who knows if loopy is truly interested in making more capture boards or not.

PeeJayBonobo

Post by PeeJayBonobo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:11 am

Just read up on that tweet. Looks like Katsukity has an incomplete website up (can't order from them), which means despite laws against what Katsukity used to do and one other Japanese capture card distributor does, the latter capture card distributor is still doing their thing while Katsukity seems to be making a swift return.

Honestly, Loopy can take all the time he needs, because at this point, even though I came back to the forums in a rush to get a New3DSXL capture board (albeit too late), I'd rather wait for Loopy despite the chances of a fast Katsukity comeback being there.
YouTube
Steam
Twitch.tv

3DS Friend Code: 0620-0287-2099
Switch Friend Code: 0545-8720-5127
PSN: PeeJay_Bonobo
NNID: PeeJay_Bonobo_87
Xbox Live: PeeJay Bonobo

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:03 pm

PeeJayBonobo wrote:Just read up on that tweet. Looks like Katsukity has an incomplete website up (can't order from them), which means despite laws against what Katsukity used to do and one other Japanese capture card distributor does, the latter capture card distributor is still doing their thing while Katsukity seems to be making a swift return.

Honestly, Loopy can take all the time he needs, because at this point, even though I came back to the forums in a rush to get a New3DSXL capture board (albeit too late), I'd rather wait for Loopy despite the chances of a fast Katsukity comeback being there.
I'm in the same boat as you man. I already got a 32GB Micro SD on my New 3DS XL and all I can say is wait and hope. As much as I want to get one from Katsukity, I prefer Loopy.

whatagreatcoffee

Post by whatagreatcoffee » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:58 pm

DestinyDecade wrote:
PeeJayBonobo wrote:Just read up on that tweet. Looks like Katsukity has an incomplete website up (can't order from them), which means despite laws against what Katsukity used to do and one other Japanese capture card distributor does, the latter capture card distributor is still doing their thing while Katsukity seems to be making a swift return.

I'm in the same boat as you man. I already got a 32GB Micro SD on my New 3DS XL and all I can say is wait and hope. As much as I want to get one from Katsukity, I prefer Loopy.
Same.

crookedcarsalesman

Post by crookedcarsalesman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm

Actually, it seems both that incomplete website, and their twitter account have vanished.

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm

crookedcarsalesman wrote:Actually, it seems both that incomplete website, and their twitter account have vanished.
This is concerning.