Will anyone ever make New 3DS Capture cards again?

Tecd0c

Re: Will anyone ever make New 3DS Capture cards again?

Post by Tecd0c » Mon May 04, 2020 11:11 pm

You can check back in August.
Again please read my post on Twitter..

The stock is not a problem, as the company (factory) that was producing the Capture Card boards for Keity is still on the market and does produce them, so it is not a problem to just order the amount I need and have it shipped to me in 2-3 weeks at most, to fullfill the demand...

And it is definately nothing with the failure rate on the Capture boards itself..

The challenge is a proper install, means excellent skills are needed and time of course.

Just to give you a good view on this:
I also did sell some install kits for the "new" generation to some "installers" and even to some companies, but they give up on it!

For installers, modders and what ever brave guys/girls that are normally installing consoles and modchips it is simply too difficult or better said impossible without proper equipment and experiance..
Before I started with installing the first generation of 3DS Capture Cards in 2013, I was installing many types of mod chips to Playstation and Xboxes.
But I have to admit that IF I would have to do this new/second generation of installs right from the start - I'm sure I would never ever installed any of them)..

The reason why other companies does not offer such service is that it simply does not pay for them. It is difficult and risky and the install goes pretty slow..
Last edited by Tecd0c on Mon May 04, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evolution219

Post by evolution219 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:21 pm

I did say they have a high failure rate in comparison to og , meaning new 3ds tend to fail more than og, but merki is the only person id trust to install a new 3ds cap card, the only reason i didn't mention him earlier was because i knew he was on a break
Also know as EvoCapture1 British capture card builder

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Hey Evo!
No, I don't blame you, we are fine.
It is like you said I'm on a break now, it has been just too many installs in the past 3 years..

Everybody that does not take my warnings can order from Optimize in Japan and try installing himself...
And to make it clear here too: I'm not going to fix these failed installs...This is what you pay to learn...

evolution219

Post by evolution219 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:44 pm

hey merki,

yeah id love to make the new 3ds cap cards but they are an absolute pain to install, i have succeeded on 3/5 installs so it just isn't financially viable.
how small are those smd contacts??? like damn

i think i'll leave them to you lol

im making plenty of the og ds , og3ds and og3dsxl for the small/hobby sized business i want to be as sadly life commitments mean i cant make them full time at least for a while :cry:

and you took your break at the perfect time my last 2 orders have taken 6 weeks plus in shipping from japan :cry:
Also know as EvoCapture1 British capture card builder

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Mon May 04, 2020 11:55 pm

Good luck with the installs :) Don't get too busy.. You can see what it has done to me..

Take care!
Stay healthy!

Gummy

Post by Gummy » Wed May 06, 2020 2:32 am

I would for sure like to buy one once you are done your break! :D

Deleted User 10542

Post by Deleted User 10542 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:18 am

Okay, I read your Twitter posts and I'll wait until August, but what's the best way to contact you when the time comes? Do you have a list of total customers that you handle for each month?

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed May 06, 2020 4:49 am

Tecd0c wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:11 pm
You can check back in August.
Again please read my post on Twitter..

The stock is not a problem, as the company (factory) that was producing the Capture Card boards for Keity is still on the market and does produce them, so it is not a problem to just order the amount I need and have it shipped to me in 2-3 weeks at most, to fullfill the demand...

And it is definately nothing with the failure rate on the Capture boards itself..

The challenge is a proper install, means excellent skills are needed and time of course.

Just to give you a good view on this:
I also did sell some install kits for the "new" generation to some "installers" and even to some companies, but they give up on it!

For installers, modders and what ever brave guys/girls that are normally installing consoles and modchips it is simply too difficult or better said impossible without proper equipment and experiance..
Before I started with installing the first generation of 3DS Capture Cards in 2013, I was installing many types of mod chips to Playstation and Xboxes.
But I have to admit that IF I would have to do this new/second generation of installs right from the start - I'm sure I would never ever installed any of them)..

The reason why other companies does not offer such service is that it simply does not pay for them. It is difficult and risky and the install goes pretty slow..
Hey Merki, I can ask you 2 questions:
1 If you returned in August, what models would you offer?
2. Why is it easier to install capture devices in the old 3ds and xl, than in the New versions?

Deleted User 10542

Post by Deleted User 10542 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:12 am

I'd like to know, why not train someone in the United States to do the work for customers here? Also, the TV-Kit, will you still be selling those?

NeedsZeebs

Post by NeedsZeebs » Sun May 10, 2020 9:34 pm

evolution219 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:44 pm
hey merki,

yeah id love to make the new 3ds cap cards but they are an absolute pain to install, i have succeeded on 3/5 installs so it just isn't financially viable.
how small are those smd contacts??? like damn

i think i'll leave them to you lol

im making plenty of the og ds , og3ds and og3dsxl for the small/hobby sized business i want to be as sadly life commitments mean i cant make them full time at least for a while :cry:

and you took your break at the perfect time my last 2 orders have taken 6 weeks plus in shipping from japan :cry:
I have been on the lookout checking this website every day for months trying to find an OG DS Capture card, i dont even care about the 3ds boards.. If I read what you've written correctly you're making plenty of the OG DS boards to sell? I am HIGHLY interested in buying one or more off you lol. I've had an OG DS sitting on my shelf for like 8 months that I bought way back when and planned to send in to Loopy to have it installed, but I understand he's been having some difficulty with shipping and suppliers backed up... I would be happy to purchase one off you if you have any ready? :D