Finally got it, thanks loopy

ShaKage

Finally got it, thanks loopy

Post by ShaKage » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 pm

So, I finally received my 3DS modded from loopy.
My PC build is not completed, so I dont wanna get into recording stuff just yet.
But I tested everything and it works great :).

Great custommer service from loopy.

Some info for UK custommers:
1***)Do not select Expressmail(I guarantee you, you are bound to receive it slower if not around the same time as normal post)
2)Ask to receive the item as gift
3)have fun :D

***EMS equivalent in the UK is parcelforce. One of the worst companies in the UK. In the past 3-4 years, I have never had any good experience with them. They drive past your house and update the tracking system stating delivery failed. Horrible customer services.

Not only have I paid custom charges, but I had to pick my parcel up from the depot! Rescheduled delivery 3 times and they still claim that I said it to be delivered on friday.
Since my 3DS was already bought in the UK and I have a receipt for it, I can claim back the taxed money by customs... but still. WAY TOO MUCH HASSLE.
AVOID EXPRESS MAIL! Its less safer, slower and too much hassle. Its not the first time I had to go through this shit, so I am not surprised or overly disappointed.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Finally got it, thanks loopy

Post by loopy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:05 pm

I wish I got more feedback on international shipping. I rarely hear back from anyone, so I can only assume everything is fine.

From what I've seen, UK shipping is very unpredictable. No matter what option is used it generally takes 1-2 weeks, though I've seen shipments sail through in 5 days on a few rare occasions. USPS claims EMS shipping is 3-5 days, but I only get those rates consistently when shipping to Asia. Maybe I should remove that option? I mark premodded systems as merchandise, or if you sent in your 3DS I'll declare it as "returned goods". I have no idea whether that helps with taxes or not. I think there is a limit on the value of gifts, so you might get taxed for those anyway. I'll declare it as anything you want if you ask me to, but I suggest you stick with something plausible. If customs comes across a $2 3DS I think they'll call BS and make up their own number.

ShaKage

Re: Finally got it, thanks loopy

Post by ShaKage » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:23 pm

yes, I saw that you sent it as "returning goods". I am eligible to get the taxed money back, but its their mistake in the first place to tax me. Its just pure stupidity.
For UK, I suggest you dont use EMS. I dont have a personal issue against parcelforce, but they are ridiculously horrible!
You as a seller, sending the goods as "gift" or "returning goods" is completely acceptable.
I mean the item was originally purchased in the UK and I have the receipt for it AND you marked it as returning goods.. they still taxed me. Joke is, they even wrote "returning goods" on the tax form LOL.
I contacted them and should be getting the money back soon.

I should have gotten it delivered on tuesday, but due to stupidity of parcelforce I had to go to the depot and collect it.