N3DS progress..

Glurak

Re: N3DS progress..

Post by Glurak » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:36 pm

How high is the possibilty that you work with europe distributors like merki with this capture card? :)

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:05 pm

I haven't had those discussions yet, but yes I am open to it. It _might_ be a while before that happens though, or very limited... I just don't have a lot of these boards right now.

cyprusmiraque

Post by cyprusmiraque » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:04 am

Just wanted to ask, how are things going?

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:16 pm

loopy wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:47 am
Chroma wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 pm
P.S. I'd still love it if the new "official" capture in development could look at and test a Mac version that works like the Windows one, with a single cable providing both audio and video. I think nowadays, you can get easy access to macOS virtualization through something free like UTM- something low energy with native OS driver and USB recognition support. I'm not exactly sure what the limitation of the original software is for Mac, but since that was released, macOS has also gone through some pretty massive changes. Software like OBS that used to be completely unable to capture application audio without a complicated audio routing system, now can just straight capture audio from individual apps with ease. Apple computers nowadays are almost also completely all in on USB-C, offering everything up to Thunderbolt 4 protocol directly, if hardware was the limitation. Any thoughts on it by chance?
I do have a Mac here to play around with. It isn't much (2014 Mac mini) but it'll run CuteCapture. Mac support keeps getting pushed down the priority list because, frankly, nobody asks for it (I mean, besides you ;) ). I have zero macOS dev experience, so writing my own "official" capture app isn't likely to happen. Maybe I can take a look at CuteCapture when I have free time (lol)
Many thanks, I don't necessarily want to keep asking about it, but it's literally the split between using Windows and having a fully usable software and using a Mac and only getting video. Windows keeps getting riddled with everyday bugs that just drive me insane in trying to use it for actual work, so I use a Mac, which actually never even drops frames for me on OBS streaming when Windows does all the time on the same network. But yeah, I've worked with the CuteCapture dev in the past on GitHub, tried using audio out through AUX, multiple audio splitter adapters, and it just refuses to output audio. Getting it to output audio through USB would be just incredible, thanks for even looking into it. Huge appreciation if you can get it working somehow. It's basically the teeter between me doing a hardware upgrade for the capture card once you have installations for n3DS (standard) in Canada; if I have a usable capture to stream with, no doubt I'll want to get that very nice hardware upgrade.

ACerealBowl

Post by ACerealBowl » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:30 am

Glurak wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:36 pm
How high is the possibilty that you work with europe distributors like merki with this capture card? :)
Isnt merki retired?

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:34 pm

So it seems there is finally some progress regarding the New 3DS capture boards. Will they be available for the XL? Because that's what I have. That and it'll probably give me a good excuse to capture and record games again like say with use such as OBS?

Da12thKind

Post by Da12thKind » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:18 am

DestinyDecade wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:34 pm
So it seems there is finally some progress regarding the New 3DS capture boards. Will they be available for the XL? Because that's what I have. That and it'll probably give me a good excuse to capture and record games again like say with use such as OBS?
From what it looks like, yes, they are meant for the XL version only.
Thank you for your time!
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Da12thKind (Da12thKind)
Tumblr: Da12thKind

AxelTheCake

Post by AxelTheCake » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:24 pm

How good is the new board with original DS games? Any compatibility issues? I'm strongly debating whether I need a DS card installed or I should just wait until these N3dsXL ones release

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:20 pm

Da12thKind wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:18 am
DestinyDecade wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:34 pm
From what it looks like, yes, they are meant for the XL version only.
Yes. Absolutely yes. Next year, I will be investing in it. Trust me. Although I wonder if this will do well with DS games because I have DS games I so want to cover on my YT channel.

ChemNation

Post by ChemNation » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:22 am

What would you say the chance is that these are available before the eShop closes in March?
Live Pokemon Shiny Hunting
http://www.youtube.com/chemnation