N3DS progress..

sasook

Re: N3DS progress..

Post by sasook » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:03 am

Exline2009 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:27 pm
Were we supposed to provide an email address? I used paypal for the transaction and left an address for him to return it to. Alongside a receipt of the paypal order inside the package.

Hey Loopy if you end up reading this, please let me know if you require of me anymore info. I sent a New 3DS XL that has a 32 GB Micro SD Card, nnid:erickexl.

I'm hoping it at least arrived safely at your PO Box.
Yeah, I will mirror this question, as I also did exactly this. I just sent it in with a Paypal receipt & return address, nothing additional. Were we supposed to reach out to loopy after sending it out? I did get a delivered email a while ago, I hope that's enough.

Loopy if I am supposed to provide additional info please let me know.

operator0g

Post by operator0g » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:17 am

sasook wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:03 am
Exline2009 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:27 pm
Were we supposed to provide an email address? I used paypal for the transaction and left an address for him to return it to. Alongside a receipt of the paypal order inside the package.

Hey Loopy if you end up reading this, please let me know if you require of me anymore info. I sent a New 3DS XL that has a 32 GB Micro SD Card, nnid:erickexl.

I'm hoping it at least arrived safely at your PO Box.
Yeah, I will mirror this question, as I also did exactly this. I just sent it in with a Paypal receipt & return address, nothing additional. Were we supposed to reach out to loopy after sending it out? I did get a delivered email a while ago, I hope that's enough.

Loopy if I am supposed to provide additional info please let me know.
All I did was print and put the PayPal receipt with the 3ds when I sent it to him, since it had the email and physical address as well as name and stuff, and I also got it back... so as long as you sent it with the receipt, you should be good

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:52 am

All I need is a way to figure out whose 3DS it is.

A printed receipt is good. Or just a note with your name / address. Or if you forget those, if the return address on the package matches your order, you should be ok. If you have NONE of that, then you'll need to send me a tracking number so I can sort it out.

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:11 pm

SHRetro wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:49 am
So just my two in today and they work great, only issue is that I can't capture both at the same time, made a copy of the program so each card is on a separate program and it doesn't show the full output. I can run my two Old 3DS CCs together perfectly but one old 3DS + one new 3DS, only the old 3DS is showing a full output.

(EDIT: it looks like it was due with something with my motherboard, plugged one of the cables into my front panel USB and they both display in full now, wonder why the motherboard usbs were having issues when both were plugged in. Hopefully, when I order my PCI-E x1 USB Cards, I don't have that issue.)

(EDIT 2: it looks like, it was some crosstalk since the cables in the motherboard were right next to each other)
I had the same issue when mine arrived on Monday. I have both my N3DSXL Katsukity board and new N3DSXL loopy board connected to the same (powered) USB 3.0 hub and only the Katsukity board worked whereas the loopy board had the same issue. I moved the loopy board to the USB 3.0 hub that was connected to a front panel USB instead, then it started working as expected.

C.Bleck2009

Post by C.Bleck2009 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:51 pm

loopy wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:52 am
All I need is a way to figure out whose 3DS it is.

A printed receipt is good. Or just a note with your name / address. Or if you forget those, if the return address on the package matches your order, you should be ok. If you have NONE of that, then you'll need to send me a tracking number so I can sort it out.
How are you sending them back Loopy? USPS, UPS, Fedex?

Just waiting for two matching Majora's Mask 3DS's I sent out.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:35 pm

ShadowMario3 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:11 pm
I had the same issue when mine arrived on Monday. I have both my N3DSXL Katsukity board and new N3DSXL loopy board connected to the same (powered) USB 3.0 hub and only the Katsukity board worked whereas the loopy board had the same issue. I moved the loopy board to the USB 3.0 hub that was connected to a front panel USB instead, then it started working as expected.
Interesting. The katsukity software has other lower-bandwidth modes, I wonder if that was being used. These come pretty close to maxing out the USB (2.0) bandwidth, so it can make a difference where things are plugged in.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:56 pm

C.Bleck2009 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:51 pm
How are you sending them back Loopy? USPS, UPS, Fedex?
USPS
buzzdennis wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:41 am
In reviewing the latest install guide pics, it appears there’s some material removal required. Will there be an stl file or something for a router jig we can use to remove that material? Looks a bit difficult to free-hand.
What would be most useful to you? I'm pretty new to the CNC world. I used Fusion360 to do the cutting stuff. I can share design files from that, or export an stl file, or ... whatever you need.

The install guide is mostly done (enough that you should be able to get through it all, at least). I've gotten surprisingly little feedback so far on self-installs. I'm not sure what to make of that.

anthreyony

Post by anthreyony » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:01 pm

Would it be possible for you to include pictures/instructions on how to add the USB charging feature to the install guide? With a disclaimer, of course, that it isn't necessarily recommended for this board revision.

I have a N3DSXL from the testing batch that I am considering opening up and adding this feature to. Thanks!

Elysium

Post by Elysium » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:42 pm

loopy wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:56 pm
I've gotten surprisingly little feedback so far on self-installs. I'm not sure what to make of that.
It's pretty straightforward, even with just the pictures. To be fair, I opened up one from the beta batch so I got to see how it's supposed to look, in person.

The only difficult part is cutting the case neatly. To avoid it in the future, I'm considering desoldering the USB-C port and replacing the IR sensor with it, since it's almost useless on the "New" 3DSes. I did the same thing with the OGDS boards, but replaced the original charge port.

Edit: Not possible because the cutout and the motherboard line up almost centered, unlike the old 3DS XL.
Last edited by Elysium on Sat May 27, 2023 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:36 pm

chzxmnky wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:01 pm
Would it be possible for you to include pictures/instructions on how to add the USB charging feature to the install guide? With a disclaimer, of course, that it isn't necessarily recommended for this board revision.

I have a N3DSXL from the testing batch that I am considering opening up and adding this feature to. Thanks!
It's not part of the instructions yet, but you can see how it's done in the old pictures I posted.
https://3dscapture.com/tmp/n3ds/