Sooooo.....

AaronS6799

Re: Sooooo.....

Post by AaronS6799 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:36 am

loopy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:34 am
AaronS6799 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:16 am
Oh so we’ll be expecting some old boards soon?
loopy wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:00 am
Minor update. Next PCB rev is laid out and ordered. I have a pretty good idea of how I want the final board to look now.
I'm also looking into getting another batch of old 3DS boards made, because ... why not. Clearly there's still demand for it. I've wanted to retire the old design for quite a while but this will hold things over til I get something new going.
How soon can we expect to see the old boards? If you don’t know that’s fine, same for price.

kronic_failure

Post by kronic_failure » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 am

Does the new board support audio output over usb? Or do we use the audio from the audio jack until you get a revision of the board that supports it?

TehTurkey

Post by TehTurkey » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:08 am

Hi!

I'm a Twitch Streamer and was interested in a 3DS capture card whenever you finish releasing an old batch or making the new boards. (Thanks so much Btw, Loopy, you're making a LOT of people happy.) My question is, how does audio get from the capture card to my stream? I, obviously, want to hear the game which I can use headphones for, but how will my viewers hear it? Does the capture card work like HDMI and carry both audio and video over? Will audio play through my desktop and I can capture desktop audio? Is it a completely separate capture? Is it even compatible with OBS or Xplit? Sorry, I'm super ignorant on the technical side of stuff. Hope to hear from you (or anyone with an answer) soon! Thanks a lot!!!

AaronS6799

Post by AaronS6799 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:56 pm

TehTurkey wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:08 am
Hi!

I'm a Twitch Streamer and was interested in a 3DS capture card whenever you finish releasing an old batch or making the new boards. (Thanks so much Btw, Loopy, you're making a LOT of people happy.) My question is, how does audio get from the capture card to my stream? I, obviously, want to hear the game which I can use headphones for, but how will my viewers hear it? Does the capture card work like HDMI and carry both audio and video over? Will audio play through my desktop and I can capture desktop audio? Is it a completely separate capture? Is it even compatible with OBS or Xplit? Sorry, I'm super ignorant on the technical side of stuff. Hope to hear from you (or anyone with an answer) soon! Thanks a lot!!!
From what I know, you can window capture the software in OBS or XSplit. And if needed use an aux cable.

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:24 pm

The aux cable is needed to capture sound from the original DS capture cards. The 3ds capture cards capture audio and video through the same cable. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the new ones (in process) will not need an aux cable.

Likean00b

Post by Likean00b » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:09 pm

I've been lurking this sub for a while now. I've bought 3 DS boards from Loopy throughout the years, and honestly the DS cosmetics and hardware have broken before the capture cards has lol. It's been so fun lurking this thread to see the progress on the new and improved capture card. I can't wait to day 1 buy this service!

whatagreatcoffee

Post by whatagreatcoffee » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Likean00b wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:09 pm
I've been lurking this sub for a while now. I've bought 3 DS boards from Loopy throughout the years, and honestly the DS cosmetics and hardware have broken before the capture cards has lol. It's been so fun lurking this thread to see the progress on the new and improved capture card. I can't wait to day 1 buy this service!
Me too! I want one. Hopefully you will get this done before Christmas. :o

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:49 pm

haugh645 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 pm
Just found your website and was wondering once you have finished manufacturing the boards will they be put up on the front page to purchase or will you supply a link in the forum. Also I seen that you don’t allow self installations what about this mod is so challenging?
Yes, I'll update the order page of course.

Old install instructions (new boards will be totally different though). It's not crazy hard if you are experienced with this kind of thing. But... like I said, people overestimate their ability. It's easy to break things. Hard to fix if you mess up partway. I decided it's not worth the trouble. No matter how many warnings I put up, I'll end up dealing with a lot of repairs / support issues.

kronic_failure wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 am
Does the new board support audio output over usb? Or do we use the audio from the audio jack until you get a revision of the board that supports it?
Yes, it will have audio over USB.

TheIrishbub

Post by TheIrishbub » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:16 pm

I'll be keeping an eye on this topic, as I am wanting a 3DS capture card.

AaronS6799

Post by AaronS6799 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:32 pm

loopy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:49 pm
haugh645 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 pm
Just found your website and was wondering once you have finished manufacturing the boards will they be put up on the front page to purchase or will you supply a link in the forum. Also I seen that you don’t allow self installations what about this mod is so challenging?
Yes, I'll update the order page of course.

Old install instructions (new boards will be totally different though). It's not crazy hard if you are experienced with this kind of thing. But... like I said, people overestimate their ability. It's easy to break things. Hard to fix if you mess up partway. I decided it's not worth the trouble. No matter how many warnings I put up, I'll end up dealing with a lot of repairs / support issues.

kronic_failure wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 am
Yes, it will have audio over USB.
How much will an old board cost