Re: DS boards anytime soon?

Post by Dswfty » Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:00 pm

Twiddles thumbs

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:25 pm

Sometime next week, hopefully.
It's sort of a test run, I didn't build a lot of them, in case there are bugs that need to be worked out.
floraberry wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 12:03 am
Out of curiosity is the board the only thing that's changing? I already have one of the USB-C boards so being able to just open up my ds and swap out the board for an updated design would be really nice. If it doesn't work like that no worries.
Unfortunately it's not a drop-in replacement, the flex cable will need to be replaced too.

Dswfty

Post by Dswfty » Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:31 pm

Okay now this is epic

jakehunts

Post by jakehunts » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:39 pm

loopy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:25 pm
It's sort of a test run, I didn't build a lot of them, in case there are bugs that need to be worked out.
floraberry wrote:
Out of curiosity is the board the only thing that's changing? I already have one of the USB-C boards so being able to just open up my ds and swap out the board for an updated design would be really nice. If it doesn't work like that no worries.
Unfortunately it's not a drop-in replacement, the flex cable will need to be replaced too.
Hey Loopy!

Just out of curiosity, will you make an announcement to the releases thread when these become available? Just want to make sure that I will be notified when these release.

Thank you!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:19 am

jakehunts wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:39 pm
Hey Loopy!

Just out of curiosity, will you make an announcement to the releases thread when these become available? Just want to make sure that I will be notified when these release.

Thank you!
Yes.

Rip The Jacker

Post by Rip The Jacker » Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:25 am

Hello Loopy!

When the boards release will you also be selling DS consoles with these new capture boards preinstalled? If not that's okay cause it'll probably be a good first time soldering experience if it requires it.

kaBa JJ

Post by kaBa JJ » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:44 pm

loopy wrote:
floraberry wrote:
@loopy i have been waiting for the restock of the ds cap cards for 6 months now. will these bugs be fixed before the sale goes live or how can i imagine it? don't get me wrong but i don't want to buy an unfinished product because i want to buy more than one and therefore don't want to take any risks.

thanks in advance for your hard work!!!

kaBa JJ

Post by kaBa JJ » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:44 pm

loopy wrote:
floraberry wrote:
@loopy i have been waiting for the restock of the ds cap cards for 6 months now. will these bugs be fixed before the sale goes live or how can i imagine it? don't get me wrong but i don't want to buy an unfinished product because i want to buy more than one and therefore don't want to take any risks.

thanks in advance for your hard work!!!

KetSan

Post by KetSan » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:51 pm

there is good news, capture card ds have appeared in the merki.net store :D

Dswfty

Post by Dswfty » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:00 pm

Nice not paying that shipping tho. For Loppy we wait