N3DS progress..

Modzvilleusa

Re: N3DS progress..

Post by Modzvilleusa » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:12 am

Damn, I missed it.
Every once in a while I pop in to see what's up and they came and sold already lol.
RIP :D

ChemNation

Post by ChemNation » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:01 pm

Hi. I ordered the n3dsxl card and will be shipping it out this weekend. Is there any software on the 3ds that is required for capture? I just want to know if I can do a complete system restore/transfer after receiving it, or should I do all that before sending in?
Live Pokemon Shiny Hunting
http://www.youtube.com/chemnation

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:16 pm

ChemNation wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:01 pm
Hi. I ordered the n3dsxl card and will be shipping it out this weekend. Is there any software on the 3ds that is required for capture? I just want to know if I can do a complete system restore/transfer after receiving it, or should I do all that before sending in?
No software is installed on the 3DS, you can wipe the system if you need to.

MrPerson0

Post by MrPerson0 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:06 pm

papajefe wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:00 pm
loopy wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:45 am
Well, that went pretty well. There's still some left, but I expect they'll be gone by the end of the day. Orders have slowed down to a trickle, which means if you were on the ball and wanted one, you were able to get it.

I'll try to expedite the next batch so you don't have to wait too long. (That's hard to promise though, I'll be doing nothing but installs all day for the next month or so :P)
I really would like to reach a steady state eventually. This mad rush of orders followed by droughts is .. not ideal.
I was out of town, and missed out by probably less than 24hr...

Heartbreaking that many people bought 3+ installs, and don't even have the systems in hand, ready to send you...
That is more on you for missing it. Loopy planned ahead for this by making a sticky thread where he will post updates for when the capture card will be available. As long as you are subscribed to it, you will get email notifications when he makes a new post in that thread. Lo and behold, he made a post mentioning when they will go up for sale, so you would have received an email about that.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:51 pm

ProfTreeKid wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:20 am
Are you going to keep updating the guide for the installation? With description and more desribed images?
Yes, I should have it done this weekend.
I'm still working on sending boards out, they'll all be shipped out by tomorrow.
soup244 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:13 pm
Is it possible to leave the soldered audio ribbon out of the installation? I’m comfortable installing the card, but my micro-soldering skills are still a bit iffy. My pc can accept a 3.5mm audio input. Could I just use that as my input until I get better at micro-soldering?
Yes, you can leave that part unconnected.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:52 pm

-snip-

thesaito

Post by thesaito » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:50 pm

Hi, Loopy. my tracking number shows that it was left at the front desk reception area. Can you confirm It's with you? It is a fire emblem fates console. The last six numbers of the transaction id is 78782A. Thanks you for your time and work!

chan4est

Post by chan4est » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:27 am

Exline2009 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:37 am
Hey loopy, I just sent mine today! Thanks again for these capture card boards! I hope it arrives to you safely.

Loopy, I actually have another question. I want to record footage whenever im on the go, and carry around with me a pc-free capture device that only takes HDMI Output. Is there anyway to convert the output from the usb-c cable into hdmi?
This won't work. The USB-C cable is used to interface with the 3DS capture software running on a PC. It's best to just bring a laptop with you that with the 3DS capture software + OBS.

ProfTreeKid

Post by ProfTreeKid » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:36 am

chan4est wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:27 am
Exline2009 wrote:
Hey loopy, I just sent mine today! Thanks again for these capture card boards! I hope it arrives to you safely.

Loopy, I actually have another question. I want to record footage whenever im on the go, and carry around with me a pc-free capture device that only takes HDMI Output. Is there anyway to convert the output from the usb-c cable into hdmi?
This won't work. The USB-C cable is used to interface with the 3DS capture software running on a PC. It's best to just bring a laptop with you that with the 3DS capture software + OBS.
USB C or just regular USB connection are compatible with the hardware, chan is on the correct said.

And as for you Loopy, I got my tracking number for the capture card board! Thank you a lot!
I'm excited to get my hands on something I've been eager to have for many years.

VeeGeeA

Post by VeeGeeA » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:40 pm

ProfTreeKid wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:36 am
chan4est wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:27 am
Exline2009 wrote:

USB C or just regular USB connection are compatible with the hardware, chan is on the correct said.

And as for you Loopy, I got my tracking number for the capture card board! Thank you a lot!
I'm excited to get my hands on something I've been eager to have for many years.
Whoa you're already getting yours back!? Were you in the test batch or this normal batch? My 3 got there Wednesday and I'm super excited to showcase my Analogue pocket and my three 3ds 😁