USB audio test

Placlu

Re: USB audio test

Post by Placlu » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:16 am

loopy wrote:
Placlu wrote:Any progress/intent on delaying the video feed as an option?
I haven't worked on it yet. The last test version (3) should reduce the audio delay a little if you are using Vista or better. I did everything I could, that's as good as it's going to get. Any remaining lag is from the OS and/or sound hardware that I have no control over.
Yeah, I noticed an improvement. It's honestly fine the way it is, I'm just extremely nit picky :p
Thanks heaps, it's a lot easier to record games with gyro movement now :)

shadowofchaos

Post by shadowofchaos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVJx_fnfJgs

I'm obviously late to the party... but it works fine for me.
Though I prefer the line in.

Works on both my Japanese and English 3DSs with capture boards.

I never really tried the capture software to record for the longest time... but it seems to be a lot better now. I can capture at 60 fps... though the uncompressed option for video isn't there anymore. *shrug*

I never used it because I usually use FRAPS... even though that kills hard drive space. I upscale on Youtube videos, which is why I don't mind.

Glad to see the feature being supported so well. Keep up the good work, loopy!

Meteorz

Post by Meteorz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Alright, just finished my last LP, so now I decided to try out the USB Audio.
Well, mostly every format seems to record just fine. And the screen looks okay, but when I record with x264 (The only one I actually care about) All I end up getting is a Black screen for the recording. I was thinking maybe it was having issues with Lossless codecs, but Lagarith works just fine, though a lot more difficult to work with. Am I missing something? Thanks!

shadowofchaos

Post by shadowofchaos » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Meteorz wrote:Alright, just finished my last LP, so now I decided to try out the USB Audio.
Well, mostly every format seems to record just fine. And the screen looks okay, but when I record with x264 (The only one I actually care about) All I end up getting is a Black screen for the recording. I was thinking maybe it was having issues with Lossless codecs, but Lagarith works just fine, though a lot more difficult to work with. Am I missing something? Thanks!
x264 lossless is what I used for the video above.
Whenever I play it with Windows Media Player, it is a black screen.

However when I play it with VLC Media Player or start editing it in Sony Vegas, it's fine.

Maybe try opening it in Virtualdub, Mediainfo, or your video editor to confirm that it's getting the frame data correctly?

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:29 pm

I tried opening it up in my video editing software, and this is what I get:
(Lagarith was fine)

Meteorz

Post by Meteorz » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Well looks like I forgot to actually LOG IN when I posted the last message...oops. =P
Either way, doesn't matter, I noticed I forgot an important step in my editing process anyway, so I fixed the problem myself, no cause for alarm! Sorry about that... It was my fault.

AOTN091

Post by AOTN091 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:16 pm

This is awesome Progress, but the quality of the usb audio is no match for the 3.5mm. If you were able to increase the sound quality on the usb side, more people might use it this way.

Bastion

Post by Bastion » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:32 pm

AOTN091 wrote:This is awesome Progress, but the quality of the usb audio is no match for the 3.5mm. If you were able to increase the sound quality on the usb side, more people might use it this way.
I've tested both, and looked at levels in both Vegas and Premiere Pro, and I don't see that big of a difference. It actually sounds clearer via USB to me.

AOTN091

Post by AOTN091 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Bastion wrote:
AOTN091 wrote:This is awesome Progress, but the quality of the usb audio is no match for the 3.5mm. If you were able to increase the sound quality on the usb side, more people might use it this way.
I've tested both, and looked at levels in both Vegas and Premiere Pro, and I don't see that big of a difference. It actually sounds clearer via USB to me.
The Audio from the USB side is a lot lighter in sound and tiny. The quality just isnt there. There is a big difference. I tried it with a Recording of a Pokemon X & Y Wifi battle that I had done the day prior, and re-recorded the same thing with usb audio. The Audio from the USB was definitely fainter and tiny.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:04 pm

I don't know what to tell you... it's the raw digital audio stream tapped directly off the 3DS mainboard, you can't get a cleaner source than that. I guess you can put it through an equalizer afterwards if it sounds "tinny" to you. Maybe you have some kind of filtering enabled on your computer? If you have any sound effects turned on, disable them.