XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

loopy
Site Admin

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by loopy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Greenalink wrote:I've found a blog of someone taking images of the new3DS system's motherboard.
I'm guessing it is the regular size, not the XL/LL size.

http://jegeekjeplay.blogspot.co.uk/2014 ... l?spref=tw
http://3dscapture.com/tmp/new3ds.jpg
The trouble with the New 3DS is the LCD signals aren't brought out to test points on the mainboard like on older models. I'll have to do something like a passthru cable, the same way the DS capture board was done.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Lumario wrote:A few Questions Loopy:

-Will your new rev card for XL/NN3DS/NN3DS-XL charge the 3DS as well?
-Will it be USB3 native?

The first question I'm curious about. The Katsukity card I have for the normal 3DS at present charges over USB, although I think I should be a little concerned that the battery is fed a lower voltage whilst charging, possibly resulting in not holding the charge as well? (anyone that is a better expert on batteries feel free to explain this to me).

I'm saving my pennies too for one of these new rev cards, especially after hearing some pretty unsatisfactory repair/support issues regarding katsukity (I've had my card working fine since I got it back in April, but part of me does anticipate a rainy day and a want for a NN3DS capture card anyway)
No, I'm not going to make it charge over USB. I've already tried. It doesn't work reliably on some computers, it draws too much power. Katsukity used to do this mod, I don't think he does anymore. I kept getting failing boards from people because of it, I told him to knock it off.

I don't see much benefit in changing to USB3, it just increases the price.

SnoFox

Post by SnoFox » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:15 am

Signed up to let you know that you already have my money, loopy.

I plan on getting a New 3DS XL for on-the-go gaming, and sending in my existing 3DS XL for home play on the TV.

(Especially with Cute 3DS Capture up for download ^.^)

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:15 pm

shadowofchaos wrote:This is really just another reason for me to hate region locks.

Just take my entire wallet, Loopy. Haha.
I'm wanting to get my 4.3.0-8U-firmware 3DS XL modified with a capture card partly for this reason: Gateway disables region locks.

Myria

Post by Myria » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:17 pm

SnoFox wrote:Signed up to let you know that you already have my money, loopy.
I wish there were a way to get in line for the XL mod, because I'm worried that he'll run out before I have a chance to get one >.<

The above post about Gateway was actually by me; I apparently forgot to log in.

Melissa

ricdesi

Post by ricdesi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Possibly a stupid question, but would it be possible/acceptable to preorder a New 3DS to ship to you for the board installation whenever that's ready, or would it be better to wait until you've got the new setup situated and you have New 3DS + card packages to order?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:23 pm

I am nowhere close to having New 3DS capture boards ready to sell. Don't expect anything til next year.

Some XL sample boards came in today, I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Maeka

Post by Maeka » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:32 pm

I was wondering, for those who have the old 3DS and the capture card already installed, will there be a way for us to "upgrade"? Or would we have to buy a whole new card again?

ricdesi

Post by ricdesi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:08 pm

loopy wrote:I am nowhere close to having New 3DS capture boards ready to sell. Don't expect anything til next year.
Oh yeah, no I wasn't expecting anything to be ready soon on that, I was just wondering what would be an easier way of getting in on that when they ultimately were ready, is all.

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Myria wrote:I wish there were a way to get in line for the XL mod, because I'm worried that he'll run out before I have a chance to get one >.<
If there was a way, you'd currently be at the end of a year+ long line with absolutely no hope of getting in on the first shipment.