Next OGDS batch ETA?

EliasMorals

Re: Next OGDS batch ETA?

Post by EliasMorals » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:43 am

Buggy wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:36 am
Hey Loopy! I noticed before that you said you may not have any pre-modded OGDS' to sell this time and was wondering if that is still the case. It would be way easier for me to do it that way but it is not an issue if not. Which leads to my next question: If I order to send in a DS to you but I do not have a DS yet at the time of ordering, is it okay for me to order it and send the DS at a later time to have the capcard installed? And how much later would that be tolerable? It can be a struggle to find a good quality DS sometimes.

And a quick thank you for your hard work and passion Loopy. I have gotten one of your cards before and I love what you do. :D
I believe Loopy has stated, in the past, that all that matters is that you can show proof that you have bought a capcard. I think someone else has had that exact question, but i'm not sure.

SH_Lama

Post by SH_Lama » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:16 am

Buggy wrote:
Hey Loopy! I noticed before that you said you may not have any pre-modded OGDS' to sell this time and was wondering if that is still the case. It would be way easier for me to do it that way but it is not an issue if not. Which leads to my next question: If I order to send in a DS to you but I do not have a DS yet at the time of ordering, is it okay for me to order it and send the DS at a later time to have the capcard installed? And how much later would that be tolerable? It can be a struggle to find a good quality DS sometimes.

And a quick thank you for your hard work and passion Loopy. I have gotten one of your cards before and I love what you do. :D

P.S. I know I am not the only one that wants these things so I hope I don't seem greedy.
On the product description, we can read : "Please include some note so I know who it's for (a PayPal receipt would be great, or at least a name + email address).
If you're shipping it indirectly (like from eBay, etc.) please send me a tracking number.
Make sure the DS is packaged well, the plastic on older DS systems is brittle and can break easily."
And yes, you can send the DS later, so don't panic 👍

Buggy

Post by Buggy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:07 am

SH_Lama wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:16 am
Buggy wrote:

P.S. I know I am not the only one that wants these things so I hope I don't seem greedy.
On the product description, we can read : "Please include some note so I know who it's for (a PayPal receipt would be great, or at least a name + email address).
If you're shipping it indirectly (like from eBay, etc.) please send me a tracking number.
Make sure the DS is packaged well, the plastic on older DS systems is brittle and can break easily."
And yes, you can send the DS later, so don't panic 👍
Thank you so much! My bad I didn't read it all the way through. My ADHD can be a killer lol

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:03 am

I'll hold your order as long as you want. The DS doesn't need to be sent right away.

No, the boards haven't arrived yet. *shrug* Still waiting. I've also been having some trouble getting USB cables in, but that's less of an issue. I'll just list them as backordered if they don't get here in time. Since there are different options now (A-to-C, C-to-C) the plan is to list them separately to be added on to your order (or not, if you don't need one)

Buggy

Post by Buggy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:17 am

Alright, so I am actually able to get a soldering iron so I will be able to order an at-home kit again. How long of a heads-up do we usually get before the store re-opens? Like 24 hours?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:25 am

I don't know. Doesn't matter. They're not gonna sell out in the first day, there should be enough to last for months.

Buggy

Post by Buggy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:32 am

loopy wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:25 am
I don't know. Doesn't matter. They're not gonna sell out in the first day, there should be enough to last for months.
Oh thats awesome. Thank you for the speedy reply!

Major Flavor

Post by Major Flavor » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:32 am

loopy wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:25 am
So do we have a launch date?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:23 am

Boards are in, everything looks fine.
So ... here's the thing. I'm out of town all next week. I _could_ start accepting orders now, but by the time packages start coming in, I'll be gone and boxes will just pile up in the mail room all week. They'll probably be annoyed with me.
As I said before, I'm waiting on USB cables. (I have USB C-to-C, but not A-to-C. Still trying to find a reliable supplier.) So I could start shipping _some_ install kits out this week if you really wanted. I haven't decided what I'll do yet but I'm another step closer, at least.

Aar

Post by Aar » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:31 am

loopy wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:23 am
Boards are in, everything looks fine.
So ... here's the thing. I'm out of town all next week. I _could_ start accepting orders now, but by the time packages start coming in, I'll be gone and boxes will just pile up in the mail room all week. They'll probably be annoyed with me.
As I said before, I'm waiting on USB cables. (I have USB C-to-C, but not A-to-C. Still trying to find a reliable supplier.) So I could start shipping _some_ install kits out this week if you really wanted. I haven't decided what I'll do yet but I'm another step closer, at least.
Thanks for the update! I personally wouldn't mind install kits without included cables; I have a bunch of them as is. Just my take on it, but maybe it'd be a good idea to start accepting orders for the kits next week without cables?

EDIT: Just realized you said you'd be out of town next week, not this week, whoops. At any rate, I think people would be cool with install kits sans cable.