Guess we should be glad that this isn't happening to Loopy

ShadowMario3

Guess we should be glad that this isn't happening to Loopy

Post by ShadowMario3 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:48 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comme ... _incident/

Normally, I would be skeptical of Katsukity's board (seeing the complaints I've heard of it and his software), but it's unfortunate to see that Mew2King left out some key information to really paint him in a bad light.
Last edited by ShadowMario3 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

LVNeptune

Re: Guess we should be glad that this isn't happening to Loo

Post by LVNeptune » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:45 am

Yea...I'm not even sure what I'm getting into. This streaming scene seems like a bunch of teenage kids who have no grasp on reality. I literally had to ban 3 and almost 4 users within 10 minutes of starting a stream. That whole scene is ridiculous. I read through those threads and wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:27 am

I think I'm gonna need a summary and a timeline for some context here. Not a fan of Katsukity's service, but mew2king asking for seven systems? I don't know who to root for here. Though I hope it ultimately boils down to "You shoulda bought from Loopy."

Man I hope Loopy gets around to making Vita 2000 capture cards in a few years or so. Don't want to deal with Katsukity anymore.

EDIT: Huh, I guess that "seven systems" demand really did come out of nowhere. Gonna have to side with Katsukity. Is this what the Smash community is like? Glad I have no interest in that game.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:40 am

Oh man, that's some ugly drama. Don't drag me into it :D

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:55 am

triple_lei wrote:I think I'm gonna need a summary and a timeline for some context here. Not a fan of Katsukity's service, but mew2king asking for seven systems? I don't know who to root for here. Though I hope it ultimately boils down to "You shoulda bought from Loopy."

Man I hope Loopy gets around to making Vita 2000 capture cards in a few years or so. Don't want to deal with Katsukity anymore.

EDIT: Huh, I guess that "seven systems" demand really did come out of nowhere. Gonna have to side with Katsukity. Is this what the Smash community is like? Glad I have no interest in that game.
Supposedly, the "seven" systems came from his friend thinking he could have made that much money if he has a working board. Apparently some redditors made an "educated guess" based on YouTube average CPMs (which is really, REALLY off), equating to the same amount.

And yeah, the Smash community in general seems eh, but then again, I haven't been around a lot. What bothers me the most are the fans for particular characters.

pilfercpu

Post by pilfercpu » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:29 am

I've been so tempted to buy from Katsukitty 'cause the product is clearly there at the moment but I'd rather wait. I'm not a big fan of language barriers unless I have external help from a friend who also knows the language.

Lucario-Player

Post by Lucario-Player » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:52 am

This is actually a BIG reason why I've been one to say "if you want something prepared, order early" since something like this could happen to anybody. (or you may not even receive the product in time, it's better to have it 2+ months early than order it less than 2 weeks prior and risk having get there later than when you want it, like Christmas gifts for example)

... Albeit I have heard plenty of times Katsukity has had some shady service in the past such as the "claim your device as something cheap when shipping it to him so he doesn't have to pay the extra money when receiving it, yet pay that fee when you get it" (makes me weary about getting a Vita from him due to this although he is the only one with it...)

I also find it funny how "elitist" the smash bros community can be at times as well. One example was when the leakers started streaming a few days before the Japanese release and weren't playing like "pros" getting insulted when they didn't unlock a character. Another was when I actually streamed the demo (one of the first to do so) and had about 450 people watching at first, then when I lost a stock for playing for the first time I would get rediculed for it.

The Smash Bros scene can be extreme in my honest opinion, seeing this just proves the point even more so. I ordered a Capture card back in June that didn't work with my computer (due to it being Windows 8) from Newegg and they had to give me the money back due to their site saying it would work with it even though it said there was no refunds on the product. I had to wait a month to get compensated even though it took less than a week to get it in the first place. I don't go barging around everywhere saying "I want more due to this bad service" if something goes wrong.

Ah well though, just thought I'd share what was in my mind after seeing this.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:11 am

pilfercpu wrote:I've been so tempted to buy from Katsukitty 'cause the product is clearly there at the moment but I'd rather wait. I'm not a big fan of language barriers unless I have external help from a friend who also knows the language.
DRM = fail. There's no reason for it. If someone is going to clone their stuff they can easily bypass their software. DRM is invasive and a no-no in my book!

pilfercpu

Post by pilfercpu » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:17 am

LVNeptune wrote:
pilfercpu wrote:I've been so tempted to buy from Katsukitty 'cause the product is clearly there at the moment but I'd rather wait. I'm not a big fan of language barriers unless I have external help from a friend who also knows the language.
DRM = fail. There's no reason for it. If someone is going to clone their stuff they can easily bypass their software. DRM is invasive and a no-no in my book!
I wasn't talking about DRM. I know Katsukitty also sells US preinstalled 3DS XLs.

I meant communication with the seller. Language barriers can really get in the way even for the most minute of stuff.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:55 am

For sure. My reasons for not dealing with Katsu are due to the DRM in the software is what I meant :)