Fraps with the 3DS

TommyTLG

Fraps with the 3DS

Post by TommyTLG » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 am

Hi, I was just wondering if you can fullscreen the 3DS and use fraps to record it in full HD?
Or if there are any video codecs I could download with lossless video quality? ^^

Re: Fraps with the 3DS

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Don't full screen the 3DS and record it because it doesn't make the quality any better.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm

TommyTLG wrote:Hi, I was just wondering if you can fullscreen the 3DS and use fraps to record it in full HD?
Or if there are any video codecs I could download with lossless video quality? ^^
You can but believe me, it wont look as good as it should.

I use/used the Microsoft Video 1 codec, which looks nice, but causes some graphics to appear...thick. The best example I can think of is in Ocarina of Time, after the video is recorded in that codec the clouds look thicker and some parts of the ground seem to have muddy textures. Later on I'm going to try out Lagarith and see if that fairs well. For now now I'm just using fraps in the normal view and then editing in vegas afterwards.

TommyTLG

Post by TommyTLG » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:31 am

OrbitalMike wrote:
TommyTLG wrote:Hi, I was just wondering if you can fullscreen the 3DS and use fraps to record it in full HD?
You can but believe me, it wont look as good as it should.

I use/used the Microsoft Video 1 codec, which looks nice, but causes some graphics to appear...thick. The best example I can think of is in Ocarina of Time, after the video is recorded in that codec the clouds look thicker and some parts of the ground seem to have muddy textures. Later on I'm going to try out Lagarith and see if that fairs well. For now now I'm just using fraps in the normal view and then editing in vegas afterwards.
Yeah, I see.
Thanks for the info!

I'll mess around with it when it arrives, and figure out what looks the best. Sony vegas is also able to upscale your videos a bit (at least from my experience)

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 pm

TommyTLG wrote:Yeah, I see.
Thanks for the info!

I'll mess around with it when it arrives, and figure out what looks the best. Sony vegas is also able to upscale your videos a bit (at least from my experience)
It's does a pretty good job at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u5YTMWZ_u8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHUDFNTo668

Both from the 3DS capture card via fraps and then edited in Sony Vegas Pro 12

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Awesome! ^^
I'm kinda mad at my mail service, I could have gotten the 3DS yesterday, but apperantly they sent it to the mail car or something, and it ended back up at the mail delivery place ._.
So I have to wait until monday or tuesday D:

TommyTLG

Post by TommyTLG » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Guest wrote:Awesome! ^^
I'm kinda mad at my mail service, I could have gotten the 3DS yesterday, but apperantly they sent it to the mail car or something, and it ended back up at the mail delivery place ._.
So I have to wait until monday or tuesday D:
Forgot to login apperantly =P

solidplasma

Post by solidplasma » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:57 am

My 3DS apparently just reached loopy (According to the tracking info); I'm really exited. I've already bought Fraps, and as for video editing software, I'm looking at the cheaper tiered versions of Sony's video editing products. Anyone have any thoughts about Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12? It looks like it could do what you'd need it to do, at least that's the impression I got from the demo. Does anyone know the primary differences between it and Vegas Pro?

MakiManPR

Post by MakiManPR » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:51 am

solidplasma wrote:My 3DS apparently just reached loopy (According to the tracking info); I'm really exited. I've already bought Fraps, and as for video editing software, I'm looking at the cheaper tiered versions of Sony's video editing products. Anyone have any thoughts about Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12? It looks like it could do what you'd need it to do, at least that's the impression I got from the demo. Does anyone know the primary differences between it and Vegas Pro?

You don't have to buy anything...

solidplasma

Post by solidplasma » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 am

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm planning on doing a let's play of Pokemon Black 2, and I'm trying to think of the best way to capture and prepare/enhance footage.