The black thing on the back

miabi

The black thing on the back

Post by miabi » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 am

is there anyway to have the 3DS capture card without the black thing on the back? like possibly another way to do it?

I ask as I tend to have a hard time gripping a 3DS with some of the bulkier cases and things due to my tiny hands. does anyone have any issues with it?

MKGirlism

Re: The black thing on the back

Post by MKGirlism » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 pm

You can screw it off, if you like, but you will break your Capture Card when touching the chips with your fingers.

miabi

Post by miabi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:26 am

MKGirlism wrote:You can screw it off, if you like, but you will break your Capture Card when touching the chips with your fingers.
well, is there anyway for it to work with the original 3ds back on it? obviously I wouldn't want the capture card just hanging out or anything.

DeeGamer21

Post by DeeGamer21 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 am

Nope, "the black thing on the back" allows the space needed for the added chips and boarding. I'm pretty sure its the thinnest it can possibly be to be able to work.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 am

Space is very tight inside the 3DS, there's no room for the board to fit inside it.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 am

DeeGamer21 wrote:Nope, "the black thing on the back" allows the space needed for the added chips and boarding. I'm pretty sure its the thinnest it can possibly be to be able to work.
Actually, the case is a lot thicker than it needs to be. Someone else made it for me. I'd redesign it if I had the time (I don't). Know anybody who's good at making plastics? :)

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:39 am

Well... I don't know anyone, but is there a way you could put the guts of the capture board outside? Like put it in one of those plastic hobby boxes that'll still connect to the system somehow.

Seems like there's no room in the 3G Vita for a capture board. :|

miabi

Post by miabi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 am

loopy wrote:
DeeGamer21 wrote:Nope, "the black thing on the back" allows the space needed for the added chips and boarding. I'm pretty sure its the thinnest it can possibly be to be able to work.
Actually, the case is a lot thicker than it needs to be. Someone else made it for me. I'd redesign it if I had the time (I don't). Know anybody who's good at making plastics? :)
how thin could it be out of curiousity? maybe it can even eventually be made into colors to match the 3DS'.

miabi

Post by miabi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:45 am

sorry to bump this back up, but felt awkward making a new topic about this...

About what are the dimensions of the black thing on the back? Trying to figure out if maybe there's a way to cover it up with a skin to make it look a bit nicer or something... you know, unless you end up finding someone who can make a smaller back thing and maybe even in colors to match 3DS'.