System updates...

silvermoon551

System updates...

Post by silvermoon551 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:06 pm

here's a valid question. is the capture board affected by system updates? I would guess not, seeing as it seems to be entirely hardware-based, but one can never be too sure, what with Nintendo's new system updates to block the use of flashcarts.

I wouldn't want to invest hundreds of dollars in this just to have it not work by Nintendo simply shrugging their shoulders and putting out a system update.

Technicmaster0

Re: System updates...

Post by Technicmaster0 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:01 pm

In the past, Nintendo hasn't blocked the capture cards (and I don't know a real reason why they should do so.

ShaKage

Post by ShaKage » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm

I was about to ask the same question.
But its a attached hardware... they could "ban" you from online due to modification, IF they find out.. but I would guess they cant block the capture card with update?
loopy can shine some light on this :)

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 pm

No, it's not affected by system updates. I doubt it's possible to detect the board, since it just reads the LCD outputs; it doesn't interact with the system at all.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 pm

I recorded myself buying Tetris from the eShop without any problem and have updated the firmware at least once since then. Not exactly losing any sleep here... 8-)

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:59 pm

If they'd block it, your whole Screens would have been blocked as well.
Besides, you can't Pirate with it, so I doubt Nintendo will even care about that.

Also, here in Europe it's like that, if you buy a product, you're the rightful owner of it, and thus you can do whatever the fuck you want to do with it, nobody can care.
So actually, Sony's actions to the PS3 Hack, as well as Apple's actions against Jailbraking iPhones, are invalid here.