Next OGDS batch ETA?

SH_Lama

Re: Next OGDS batch ETA?

Post by SH_Lama » Tue May 31, 2022 8:31 am

loopy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:34 am
Yes, I know what day it is. I am waiting just like you.
I've sent an inquiry to the manufacturer but ultimately ... it ships when it's done. There's nothing else I can do to speed that up.
As soon as I have some news, I will post it.
Thanks Loopy for your response, I know we are so excited about this new batch but, we have to be patient.

We hope your manufacturer isn't going to be too long 😅

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue May 31, 2022 9:39 pm

I got a notice that they're shipping. I don't want to start accepting orders until I've had a chance to look at them, so expect sometime next week.

SH_Lama

Post by SH_Lama » Tue May 31, 2022 9:58 pm

loopy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 9:39 pm
I got a notice that they're shipping. I don't want to start accepting orders until I've had a chance to look at them, so expect sometime next week.
Great news ! :D
And, I have a question :
Did you already wrote a guide for installation? It is simple like the first version?

ChemNation

Post by ChemNation » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:58 am

loopy wrote:
Can you tell us how many will be available?
Live Pokemon Shiny Hunting
http://www.youtube.com/chemnation

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:45 pm

loopy wrote:
Thank you for the update. <3 I really appreciate what you are doing.

oak46

Post by oak46 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Hey, so I was reading through here awhile back and look at updates here or there, but don't remember if I saw anything about this - Is there any advantage to sending in an already-modded DS to get the new USB-C board? Or would it literally just work as a different (more modern) connector?

I was debating sending in one of my OGDS's with the Micro-usb capture board already installed but I don't know (or think, really) it would be worth it just to get USB-C.

asterix

Post by asterix » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:06 am

will boards be sold that allow for users to install themselves? would love to get more experience with this kind of stuff and also limit the amount of processing work you have to do/prevent a long wait.

appreciate all the work you do loopy :)

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:49 pm

SH_Lama wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 9:58 pm
Did you already wrote a guide for installation? It is simple like the first version?
No, not yet. There are pictures a couple pages back. It's not as simple as the first version, there is some soldering.
ChemNation wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:58 am
Can you tell us how many will be available?
Enough.
oak46 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:20 pm
Hey, so I was reading through here awhile back and look at updates here or there, but don't remember if I saw anything about this - Is there any advantage to sending in an already-modded DS to get the new USB-C board? Or would it literally just work as a different (more modern) connector?

I was debating sending in one of my OGDS's with the Micro-usb capture board already installed but I don't know (or think, really) it would be worth it just to get USB-C.
It works exactly the same. There's no advantage to switching, unless you really want USB-C.
.. I was forced to do a design change, because of part availability. (Obsolete FPC connector, not covid/supply chain related.) I figured I might as well modernize the USB connector at the same time.
asterix wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:06 am
will boards be sold that allow for users to install themselves?
Yes.

SH_Lama

Post by SH_Lama » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:24 pm

Thanks for your time and your answer! I don't have a solder, so I will buy one to be ready

Buggy

Post by Buggy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:36 am

Hey Loopy! I noticed before that you said you may not have any pre-modded OGDS' to sell this time and was wondering if that is still the case. It would be way easier for me to do it that way but it is not an issue if not. Which leads to my next question: If I order to send in a DS to you but I do not have a DS yet at the time of ordering, is it okay for me to order it and send the DS at a later time to have the capcard installed? And how much later would that be tolerable? It can be a struggle to find a good quality DS sometimes.

And a quick thank you for your hard work and passion Loopy. I have gotten one of your cards before and I love what you do. :D

P.S. I know I am not the only one that wants these things so I hope I don't seem greedy.
Last edited by Buggy on Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.