Re: N3DS progress..

Post by smoscar01 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:39 pm

Newt wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:38 am
loopy wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:15 pm
system6432 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:21 pm
Sad. I really sucked at shadow drops. Will the next shipments also be in small/few quantities?
There's still a couple left. There's a LOT more in the next shipment, they should stay up for a while.

Maybe I should just start allowing preorders right now...
Please! I missed both the first batch and this second drop, checking randomly and still missed hahh.
Same here. Subscribed to this and the other thread and I don't think I'm being notified via email lol

SuperBeefJerkey

Post by SuperBeefJerkey » Mon May 01, 2023 4:40 am

buzzdennis wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:20 am
loopy wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:25 pm
chzxmnky wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:42 pm
Hi loopy, for the next batch of N3DSXL Capture Boards, have there been any changes? Is it a new revision, or identical to the previous batch?
New revision. Added current limiting to prevent potential issues with USB charging, and added a rarely used audio channel (discussed over here).
Are there any known official game releases that use that audio channel?
This is kind of an important question in my opinion. So far, I haven't noticed missing audio in games.

What I did notice, however, is that a system sound effect is missing. Whenever it does a Nintendo Network login, there's supposed to be a sound effect while it is in the process of logging in. That sound effect doesn't come through the USB, from my tests.

I guess if you actually use a program that really uses this other audio channel, you could use a regular audio cable if all else fails. Can't help but wonder why that other channel exists, though...
SuperBeefJerkey, BeefJerkey, SBJ. I'm all of those.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon May 01, 2023 4:51 am

SuperBeefJerkey wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:40 am
buzzdennis wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:20 am
loopy wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:25 pm

New revision. Added current limiting to prevent potential issues with USB charging, and added a rarely used audio channel (discussed over here).
Are there any known official game releases that use that audio channel?
This is kind of an important question in my opinion. So far, I haven't noticed missing audio in games.

What I did notice, however, is that a system sound effect is missing. Whenever it does a Nintendo Network login, there's supposed to be a sound effect while it is in the process of logging in. That sound effect doesn't come through the USB, from my tests.

I guess if you actually use a program that really uses this other audio channel, you could use a regular audio cable if all else fails. Can't help but wonder why that other channel exists, though...
Not that I'm aware of. I'll point out, NO capture cards up to this point have included it (either mine, or katsukity / optimize). So if there are any games, it's gone unnoticed so far. As far as I know, it's only used by a few system sound effects, and a couple of homebrew titles.
SuperBeefJerkey wrote: What I did notice, however, is that a system sound effect is missing. Whenever it does a Nintendo Network login, there's supposed to be a sound effect while it is in the process of logging in. That sound effect doesn't come through the USB, from my tests.
Also the chime sound when pushing Home while a DS title is running.

Fenixero

Post by Fenixero » Mon May 01, 2023 6:35 am

loopy wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:51 am
As far as I know, it's only used by a few system sound effects, and a couple of homebrew titles.
Is there the possibility of an update of the flex cable to support that audio channel in the cards of the first batch?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon May 01, 2023 9:25 pm

Fenixero wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:35 am
loopy wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:51 am
As far as I know, it's only used by a few system sound effects, and a couple of homebrew titles.
Is there the possibility of an update of the flex cable to support that audio channel in the cards of the first batch?
A different cable wouldn't work, the board just wasn't design for it. You'd have to wire it in.
Well, I _suppose_ I could make a cable for that, but is it really worth the trouble? I don't think so...

SuperBeefJerkey

Post by SuperBeefJerkey » Tue May 02, 2023 2:04 am

loopy wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:25 pm
A different cable wouldn't work, the board just wasn't design for it. You'd have to wire it in.
Note taken. I wasn't sure the old board could accept it at all. Good to know that I can add it if I ever feel like putting in that effort.
Also, from the looks of that picture, I'm getting the impression that some of those points on the motherboard serve the same purpose as one another.
(EDIT: Looking at another picture, I now see that the points are all a bunch of bridged pairs.)
SuperBeefJerkey, BeefJerkey, SBJ. I'm all of those.

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Sun May 07, 2023 11:03 pm

n3DS XL hunting is just no-go right now, way too inflated due to inventory. I'm gonna sit and pray the n3DS gets the next capture card.

mast3rblad3r

Post by mast3rblad3r » Sun May 07, 2023 11:48 pm

Chroma wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:03 pm
n3DS XL hunting is just no-go right now, way too inflated due to inventory. I'm gonna sit and pray the n3DS gets the next capture card.
Bro I know its crazy right now. I got super lucky at sniped down a bid for a Solgaleo and Lunala New 3DS XL Special edition for like $260 and now I'm waiting for a new batch for the capture card. Hope you get what your looking for.

Chroma

Post by Chroma » Mon May 08, 2023 7:22 pm

mast3rblad3r wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:48 pm
Chroma wrote:
Bro I know its crazy right now. I got super lucky at sniped down a bid for a Solgaleo and Lunala New 3DS XL Special edition for like $260 and now I'm waiting for a new batch for the capture card. Hope you get what your looking for.
It's kinda 50-50 on the cost itself as well as just not knowing what else might be coming. Like if I knew which model was planned next, I could forego the n3DSXL plans (the most expensive model) and either hold onto my n3DS (if that was next) or scout out some deals for whatever other model was planned. I just saw a killer local deal of someone selling an n2DSXL for $100, but I won't buy it just in hopes that a card comes. If it doesn't, it's shelved for me.

I know it's all in the planning stages and there won't be any news until it's set in motion. I'll just have to wait and see, all I hope is that some of these good occasional local deals will still pop up by then. Depending on the how much later the info comes, it may go into eBay-only territory for buying, and that might well price me out of the idea altogether. The big thing is that if you're not in the USA, you're looking at not just the inflated price of the handheld, but also the cost of the installation/one-way shipping, and the nasty conversion costs as well. That's kinda why the current n3DSXL prices are just barely reasonable still if paying straight in USD at around $500 for the whole operation, but in Canadian dollars, it's already looking at closer to $700 if you find a decent deal. I can't do that, so I'm just waiting and hoping.

mast3rblad3r

Post by mast3rblad3r » Mon May 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Chroma wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 7:22 pm
mast3rblad3r wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:48 pm
Chroma wrote:
It's kinda 50-50 on the cost itself as well as just not knowing what else might be coming. Like if I knew which model was planned next, I could forego the n3DSXL plans (the most expensive model) and either hold onto my n3DS (if that was next) or scout out some deals for whatever other model was planned. I just saw a killer local deal of someone selling an n2DSXL for $100, but I won't buy it just in hopes that a card comes. If it doesn't, it's shelved for me.

I know it's all in the planning stages and there won't be any news until it's set in motion. I'll just have to wait and see, all I hope is that some of these good occasional local deals will still pop up by then. Depending on the how much later the info comes, it may go into eBay-only territory for buying, and that might well price me out of the idea altogether. The big thing is that if you're not in the USA, you're looking at not just the inflated price of the handheld, but also the cost of the installation/one-way shipping, and the nasty conversion costs as well. That's kinda why the current n3DSXL prices are just barely reasonable still if paying straight in USD at around $500 for the whole operation, but in Canadian dollars, it's already looking at closer to $700 if you find a decent deal. I can't do that, so I'm just waiting and hoping.
I know, the market is wayy too tough, hopefully soon Loopy starts on other models of the 3DS. That probably isn't likely (no offense Loopy) but it took him like 8+ years to do something other than O3DS. There are excellent special edition of the N3DS I would love to get and get it modded and I hope Loopy starts on it soon because there is the Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre N3DS would give me a excuse to buy it and get a capture card install. Ebay's price of already installed 3DS are insane. There is one Optimize N3DSXL for 600 "Bid" and $1,000 "Buy Now". I also think the international shipping is complete BS $100+ is crazy. I get it hard to mod but, unfortunately now all we can do is wait and pray that Loopy starts making more capture card models.