Bottom 3DS Screen came back blue

poketon96

Bottom 3DS Screen came back blue

Post by poketon96 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:40 pm

I posted this on my "Mac Version?" forum, but I thought it would be more appropriate to post it here. I got my 3DS back Saturday and when I first turned it on, I noticed that it took a bit longer than usual and when the menu finally came up, the bottom screen had this blue tint to it. Top screen is just fine. The bottom screen stays like that regardless of the brightness, power saving, or game I'm playing. The thing is that it shows up just fine on the software so I'm pretty sure something went wrong with my 3DS. I have some pictures here showing how it looks compared to my sister's 3DS (normal)

My 3DS Bottom Screen after installation
http://i.imgur.com/KFPIjgm.jpg

My 3DS (right) next to my sister's 3DS (left, no capture board)
http://i.imgur.com/6oNuszI.jpg

Video comes out just fine on the software:
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/ph ... 1368324907

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Bottom 3DS Screen came back blue

Post by loopy » Mon May 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Yeah, that shouldn't happen :P Screen cable probably just needs to be reseated. If you feel like cracking open your 3DS, I can show you what to fix. Or I can fix it for you if you want to send it back.

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 pm

loopy wrote:Yeah, that shouldn't happen :P Screen cable probably just needs to be reseated. If you feel like cracking open your 3DS, I can show you what to fix. Or I can fix it for you if you want to send it back.
I'll try it out. It will be quicker. Send pictures so I won't get lost :P

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:49 pm

loopy wrote:Yeah, that shouldn't happen :P Screen cable probably just needs to be reseated. If you feel like cracking open your 3DS, I can show you what to fix. Or I can fix it for you if you want to send it back.
Could you send the instructions?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed May 15, 2013 5:45 pm

PM'd

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks! I got it fixed. My dad actually helped me out a lot :P

We ended up wearing out one of the screws on the bottom left where the SD Card goes but we managed to pull it out and push it back in when I fixed the cable. The bottom left side of my 3DS shows the effects of how the screw messed it up. Anyways, thanks! Everything works just fine now :)

I found out the the volume slider was stuck halfway when I finished typing this but I managed to fix it by unscrewing the screws one more time and pressing the slider down. Now it works. Damn screws...

Only thing that will show from the screw that was destroyed :P http://imgur.com/9Vy19Gl.jpg

Dale

Post by Dale » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm

The same thing happened to mine, the top screen looks fine, but the bottom has a blueish tint to it...

Any chance you can post the instructions on how to fix it here please? :)

Much appreciated :)

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Dale wrote:The same thing happened to mine, the top screen looks fine, but the bottom has a blueish tint to it...

Any chance you can post the instructions on how to fix it here please? :)

Much appreciated :)
Your case looks different than mine. Mine showed up just fine in the program, it was only on my 3DS that it looked blue :(

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Looks like one of the components (or pins if you will) is loose if you ask me. I don't know the details, but I imagine the 3DS to have RGB channels or something that go to the screen. If you miss out on one then you get something that looks like this. I don't know how exactly to fix it, but I think that is the reason.

Does this happen a lot to other people?

Dale

Post by Dale » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:43 am

Looks like one of the components (or pins if you will) is loose if you ask me. I don't know the details, but I imagine the 3DS to have RGB channels or something that go to the screen. If you miss out on one then you get something that looks like this. I don't know how exactly to fix it, but I think that is the reason
Yeah, it looks to me as though the red channel isn't showing up... But everything looks perfectly fine on the console itself...

I'll guess I'll just have to wait on instructions for a fix from loopy :)