Software Update!

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Software Update!

Post by loopy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Rayquaza3010 wrote:The new program crashed after recording something with XVid codec. :(

Can you upload the old program for me?
Yeah, I don't know why it does that. Close the Xvid status window and it shouldn't happen anymore (you can turn it off in Xvid's "Other options...")

Older versions can be downloaded from the changelog link.

Rayquaza3010

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

loopy wrote:
Rayquaza3010 wrote:The new program crashed after recording something with XVid codec. :(

Can you upload the old program for me?
Yeah, I don't know why it does that. Close the Xvid status window and it shouldn't happen anymore (you can turn it off in Xvid's "Other options...")

Older versions can be downloaded from the changelog link.
That works! Thank you!

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 am

Actually, Windows crashes after a few minutes of recording.
I'll stick with 2.7, then.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Must be a problem with your computer, because I can capture for over an hour and over 18 GB of data with no problem. ;)

Great update, thanks!
Now all we need is USB audio capture and it'll actually be usable for me. :) My new computer has no line-in jack...

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 pm

You're even running it near 60 FPS?
I've got no higher than 34!

It could be because I'm still running Windows 8 Developer Preview on an iMac.
Not sure, but it's possible.

Rayquaza3010

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:49 pm

MKGirlism wrote:You're even running it near 60 FPS?
I've got no higher than 34!

It could be because I'm still running Windows 8 Developer Preview on an iMac.
Not sure, but it's possible.
With the new program most of my recordings get recorded with 60 FPS, too. ;)

someonewhodied

Post by someonewhodied » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:47 pm

When I enable audio, I don't get any video capture. Do i need a specific codec? because I can record fine with audio disabled, but i can't get anything captured with it enabled.

Edit: figured out the issue, You can't have line in and mic as recording devices at the same time in audio>control panel (Rightclick on speaker icon, recording devices)

Since I use skype on my mic input and line in for my 3ds, would it be possible for the next update to enable audio to be recorded from an input chosen within the program? It seems like quite a bit of work for me to have to disable mic everytime I record, and enable it every time I skype.

Edit 2: Other than that, the program works great now.

There is no more input lag between the 3ds and the display on my computer so there is no need for me to split audio between line in and headphones to play and record now :D

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:38 pm

someonewhodied wrote:Since I use skype on my mic input and line in for my 3ds, would it be possible for the next update to enable audio to be recorded from an input chosen within the program? It seems like quite a bit of work for me to have to disable mic everytime I record, and enable it every time I skype.
Give this a try.
3ds_capture20130127.zip

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 pm

someonewhodied wrote:Edit: figured out the issue, You can't have line in and mic as recording devices at the same time in audio>control panel (Rightclick on speaker icon, recording devices)
This isn't necessarily true. I can record both the Line In and microphone together using just the capture app. It's complicated. Depends on your OS, your sound card, drivers, and sounds settings. I need to write up a big-ass tutorial on this sometime because it messes with a lot of people, myself included.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:54 am

loopy wrote:I need to write up a big-ass tutorial on this sometime because it messes with a lot of people, myself included.
Hmm, this sounds like USB audio capture is faaaaaaar from being implemented. :?